Prof. Sakamoto & Hyadain Hobonichi Concert
In EarthBound Zero/MOTHER 1, this song plays in almost all the caves or dungeon-like places. If you’ve played through the game before, you’ve probably heard this a lot. It even plays in Ninten’s basement I think:
Many years back, when we first started to hack the EarthBound ROM, we discovered a completely unused music track that was clearly meant to be a powered-up version of that EarthBound Zero song:
This probably isn’t really new news to most EarthBound fans. But did you know that this unused track made it into MOTHER 1+2, too? It did, and here it is:
What I’ve wanted to do the a long time now is add a secret dungeon in EarthBound filled with difficult enemies and stuff, using the extra map space and other extra space for stuff, and have this song be the background music for said dungeon. Of course, I already have 5001 other projects, so that’ll probably never happen, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
Other Related Posts:
60 Comments to Hidden Song in EarthBound
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?