IGN Plays MOTHER 3
In EarthBound Zero/MOTHER 1, this song plays in almost all the caves or dungeon-like places. If you’ve played through the game before, you’ve probably heard this a lot. It even plays in Ninten’s basement I think:
Many years back, when we first started to hack the EarthBound ROM, we discovered a completely unused music track that was clearly meant to be a powered-up version of that EarthBound Zero song:
This probably isn’t really new news to most EarthBound fans. But did you know that this unused track made it into MOTHER 1+2, too? It did, and here it is:
What I’ve wanted to do the a long time now is add a secret dungeon in EarthBound filled with difficult enemies and stuff, using the extra map space and other extra space for stuff, and have this song be the background music for said dungeon. Of course, I already have 5001 other projects, so that’ll probably never happen, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
Other Related Posts:
60 Comments to Hidden Song in EarthBound
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!