Marcus Lindblom Spills Some EarthBound Secrets
In EarthBound Zero/MOTHER 1, this song plays in almost all the caves or dungeon-like places. If you’ve played through the game before, you’ve probably heard this a lot. It even plays in Ninten’s basement I think:
Many years back, when we first started to hack the EarthBound ROM, we discovered a completely unused music track that was clearly meant to be a powered-up version of that EarthBound Zero song:
This probably isn’t really new news to most EarthBound fans. But did you know that this unused track made it into MOTHER 1+2, too? It did, and here it is:
What I’ve wanted to do the a long time now is add a secret dungeon in EarthBound filled with difficult enemies and stuff, using the extra map space and other extra space for stuff, and have this song be the background music for said dungeon. Of course, I already have 5001 other projects, so that’ll probably never happen, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
Other Related Posts:
60 Comments to Hidden Song in EarthBound
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...