EarthBound Preview in NP #70
In EarthBound Zero/MOTHER 1, this song plays in almost all the caves or dungeon-like places. If you’ve played through the game before, you’ve probably heard this a lot. It even plays in Ninten’s basement I think:
Many years back, when we first started to hack the EarthBound ROM, we discovered a completely unused music track that was clearly meant to be a powered-up version of that EarthBound Zero song:
This probably isn’t really new news to most EarthBound fans. But did you know that this unused track made it into MOTHER 1+2, too? It did, and here it is:
What I’ve wanted to do the a long time now is add a secret dungeon in EarthBound filled with difficult enemies and stuff, using the extra map space and other extra space for stuff, and have this song be the background music for said dungeon. Of course, I already have 5001 other projects, so that’ll probably never happen, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
Other Related Posts:
58 Comments to Hidden Song in EarthBound
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound Super Nintendo SNES complete w/ guide & scratch & sniff stickers!
- Hunter: I hope MOTHER gets a chance soon…
- PK Derp: @EarthboundCakes I think he’s postponing anything like that in response to Earthbound’s VC release because he doesn’t...
- Earthbounder: Awesome!!! Mr saturn is a great addition to mother 1! Keep up the work I’m looking forward to playing it
- EarthboundCakes: Speaking of hacks and hacking tools, when are we going to get the hacking tools for Mother 3 like we got for Mother 1+2? I believe...
- professional seo services in Watford: Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the very good works...