April 3rd, 2009 | Misc.

I don’t intend to make many posts like this (and indeed, after a while I’ll delete this post itself) but I do need help with this and the message board doesn’t really get enough traffic, so please ignore this if you aren’t interested.

Like I mentioned before, I’m going to be starting a simple video series for EB Central soon, it’ll have goofy stuff, informative stuff, and stuffy stuff. I’ve already started on the first video in fact, but I’ve been stuck at a standstill because my art and technical skills suck and prevent me from making a neat little intro animation. I want to stick these intros at the beginning of each video.

Anyway, after an hour of messing around with Vegas, I managed to make this:

But it sucks, so would someone with more skill and art prowess be willing to make something a lot cooler? It should last 8-10 seconds and can be whatever, it doesn’t have to be like what I did. The song and the logo are here:

A lot of people made really good sample intro songs, and I plan to use different intro songs for different videos, but for now, this will be the base song.

If someone cool could help, I can start getting these videos out 😀

31 Comments to Help: Video Stuff

the retard of epic proportions said on Apr. 3, 2009

I wish I could help, but I don’t know of a decent program.

Alex said on Apr. 3, 2009

Hey Mato, I’m an animator and I might have some time on my hands after this coming week. Have any specifics of what you might want in this video? I don’t know if I really do things in the style you might prefer, but if you want to see some stuff I’ve done in the past just click my link to see a reel of miscellaneous projects. I mostly do cartoons but I’ve got a variety of editing programs.

Mato said on Apr. 3, 2009

I really have no idea, so this is basically “whatever you can think of”. I’m so bad at this stuff that I can’t even think of anything 😛

One idea someone suggested was have this old logo animate with the fireball going around it, though I suspect that alone might be kind of boring.

Tonchiki said on Apr. 3, 2009

Any specifics for what format, size, et cetera?
I have a lot of experience in Flash, so I might try to whip something up. Alex up there, though, will probably kick my butt.

I don’t really have any ideas as to what to fill the gap with before the logo. It seems a little unnecessary to have even that long of an intro– to me, a quick, three-second thing flashing the logo in a cool way would get the job done.
But that’s just my two cents.

Mato said on Apr. 3, 2009

Whatever gets chosen, it’ll need to be in a format like AVI or WMV or something, something that I can use in a regular video editing program. Screen size isn’t as important to me, I can scale stuff up or down as necessary I guess, and file size shouldn’t matter too much.

Tonchiki said on Apr. 3, 2009

I just mention size because it could be a problem if the proportions are strange compared to the rest of the video. So I assume a regular 640 x 480 size would do, then (as opposed to a wider or taller one)?

Master Chicken said on Apr. 3, 2009

Mato, I emailed you a better version of the song, with a cleaner cut at the beginning.

santiagoff said on Apr. 3, 2009

That looks good for a first try O_O.
I am not good at video editing , I’m very basic ,so I guess I can’t help :/

Miles Luna Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Apr. 3, 2009

I’ll try something in After Effects, after I make some textures in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Nimbus said on Apr. 3, 2009

I love video editing and animation, so I might put a little something together if I have some extra time this weekend. Since there’s already two people working on it, making another one might be unnecessary, but we’ll see how it goes.

mudkipNDS said on Apr. 3, 2009

Wow, this really IS meh. Unfortunately, though, I’m only good at Photoshop, so if you need any help, you could ask me.

SillyStell said on Apr. 3, 2009

I would be greatly interested in doing some animation, I have a two examples of my work and I’ll try doing something Earthbound related in the near future.

Example 1:

Example 2:

Deiphobus said on Apr. 3, 2009

you need a cheesy, fiery explosion at the end.

EBM said on Apr. 3, 2009

I want to help so much…
But I have virtually no skills.
Why can you never ask us to write a little poem about you, huh? I might be able to do THAT.
Or a haiku.
Tomato is a
Friend to all EarthBound fans and
Pure AWESOME to boot.
There. I helped the only way I know how.
Oh, I also suggest adding pirates to the intro. If life has taught me anything… it’s that EVERYTHING is BETTER with pirates.

KingDarian said on Apr. 3, 2009

I tried throwing something together, but the extremely slow speed at which Ulead runs on my computer has made me put off the polishing/fine-tuning step. As a rough cut, is this anything interesting?

Tonchiki said on Apr. 3, 2009

Mato, I emailed you a quick intro I made in Flash.
It’s not much, but it was fun to mess around with.

Miles Luna Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Apr. 3, 2009

Just finished after a couple of hours. This taught me a bit more about text animation, and this was quite fun! If you want the full high-res version (16MB) go here:

“Save As” for “ebcentralvideo.avi” not “._ebcentralvideo.avi”

HossTehMaster said on Apr. 3, 2009

Half the time I spent on the internet was video remixing but all I have WMM. I guess you can say I have the skills but not the right tools. However I guess I can take a crack at it.

Mato said on Apr. 3, 2009

Tonchiki: I checked it out, it’s cool 😀

Others: Even if it turns out your little animation doesn’t get picked for the intro, I could probably use the non-picked ones for outros too, so your work won’t go in vain (unless it’s really weird or evil or something 😛 )

Mato said on Apr. 3, 2009

MLV: I like the background you use there, but I think the battle + text idea might be too distracting. It does look good though, like you put a lot of work in it 🙂

Tansunn said on Apr. 4, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0auzTnUBpc I done did went and made a piece of crap.

BottleRocket said on Apr. 4, 2009

Might as well link this one I posted on the forums here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYL2tW8hGM

Saturnome said on Apr. 4, 2009

Would you still accept videos in a month from now? I work daily in animation, but now is the worst time of the year, seriously!

Mato said on Apr. 4, 2009

Well, sooner is better, but like I said before, I might switch things up once in a while so that’s fine.

Miles Luna Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Apr. 4, 2009

Here’s another version, with fewer objects and MORE ACID-TRIPPY BACKGROUND!

Maybe a cookie, too. Remember it recovers six hit points.

Miles Luna Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Apr. 4, 2009

YouTube Video just processed for a second variation of the video entry.

Covarr said on Apr. 5, 2009

This’ll look a lot better once Youtube is finished processing it. Right now, it’s all blurry and ugly.

With the high-res logo, it’d be possible to make a good HD version as well. Is that something that’s important to you?

Plo said on Apr. 8, 2009

Hey there Mato, I made one for ya too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JULyAsNSQNY&fmt=22

Jeagle101 said on Jul. 29, 2009

I honestly don’t think this intro is all that bad. If I had better video editing skills with the program I have I could possibly do it, but I’m only good with Camtasia 🙁

Jeagle101 said on Jul. 29, 2009

Sorry that I just posted a comment, and I decided to say another but Plo, that intro you have is pretty impressive I must say. I’d honestly go with that but i’m not Tomato so I can’t choose 😛

TomServo said on Nov. 23, 2011

It’s been 2 years, 7 months, and 20 days and you haven’t deleted this post.

Shame on you. 🙂