April 27th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

The other day, Mashi let me know about an EarthBound remix CD called “Go! Go! Starman – Part 1”. Like the MOTHER +Love CDs, this is fan-made. But, unlike those ones, you can actually acquire this one, for only $5.

Here’s an MP3 that has short bits from each track (download here):

The track listing is as follows:

1. Eight Melodies (1:04)
  2. Eight Hardcore Beats (3:44)
  3. Saturn Panic (2:00)
  4. Pollyanna (0:40)
  5. Pollyanna Rocks My World (2:14)
  6. Unstoppable Energy (1:27)
  7. Get Serious (1:33)
  8. I Feel…G…A…B…B…E…R… (2:36)

In case it’s not obvious from the sample audio, the last two tracks are from the Giygas fight.

Anyway, if you like what you hear, check out the site here!

55 Comments to Fan Album: Go! Go! Starman – Part 1

LucasTizma199 said on Apr. 27, 2009

Awesome! Yes! TWO POLLYANNA covers! I’m in love. Definitely ordering two. One to listen to, and one to cherish for all time. 😀

DragonKazooie89 said on Apr. 27, 2009

I know one of those tracks! It was entered in the 2008 Halloween Funfest!

honeymustard said on Apr. 27, 2009

Furries… ugh.

Mato said on Apr. 27, 2009

I just realized that the “eight hardcore beats” song is what best fits this image so far:

LucasTizma199 said on Apr. 27, 2009

LOL Very true.

PSInesslove93 said on Apr. 27, 2009

im going to order one. love the tracks

and nice Mato it does go! XD

santiagoff said on Apr. 27, 2009

AMAZING O_O

LucasTizma199 said on Apr. 27, 2009

Ha ha. I definitely thought these were physical albums, so I ordered 2… Fortunately, they realized I was an idiot and refunded me $5. XD

Shaon said on Apr. 27, 2009

The last two tracks were originally in combined form, and submitted for the 2008 Halloween Funfest under the name “The Might of Four”.

They won second place in Most Earthboundalicious and a link to them is right here: http://files.fobby.net/0000/5a50/The%20Might%20Of%20Four.mp3

Cachorro said on Apr. 27, 2009

Hah, awesome, bought a digital copy. A lot of their other music is good too!

The Great Morgil said on Apr. 27, 2009

Um, maybe i’m missing something, but what’s GABBER?

Mashi said on Apr. 27, 2009

@honeymustard: Wow, you’re willing to pass up good music JUST because you hate furries? I’m sorry, but that’s really…effed up. Yeah. >:C

@Great Morgil: Gabber is a form of hardcore techno.

Also, yeah, Klippa only makes physical albums every once in a while and they’re usually large compilations. This is mos def a digital download, like most everything else on the site. Maybe if there’s ever more than one volume, there may be a physical CD (combine three volumes?)

I don’t know though. I’m just speculating.

SO BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR FILES GUISE.

Sonicandtails said on Apr. 27, 2009

It’s also worth noting that if you look at the last song in a spectrogram, you see this: http://i38.tinypic.com/9unqcg.png

Klippa/Renard’s music is awesome, and if you pass up any of his stuff because of him being a furry, then you are just dumb 😐

Kita K. said on Apr. 27, 2009

Ha, I was wondering when this would show up on EB Central 🙂

Anonymous said on Apr. 27, 2009

wait… this isn’t a physical cd? then how do u get the tracks if i bought one (sorry for my dumb question)

The incredible sadness of benjamin button said on Apr. 27, 2009

furries AND techno

this would make a man inside of a church yell

Warchamp7 said on Apr. 27, 2009

The “EWW FURRIES” comments make me laugh cause they’re letting an internet stereotype distract them from awesome music.

The incredible sadness of benjamin button said on Apr. 27, 2009

actually warchamp, techno music tends to be pretty godawful, so that + furries is like hitler + stalin. it’s so impossible it’s not even funny.

Kita K. said on Apr. 27, 2009

@The incredible sadness of benjamin button: You’re listening to the wrong techno 🙂

Deej said on Apr. 27, 2009

Ewww furries.
lol

Its yiffers to watch out for. The furries I know aren’t all scary like those others are. <_<

Also gabber is VERY hardstyled techno. Usually with an overdrived and distorted bass drum rockin’ the beats.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Apr. 27, 2009

The furry aspect is enough to turn me off to this, but luckily the music is good enough to keep a listen too.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Apr. 27, 2009

The furry aspect is enough to turn me off to this, but luckily the music is good enough to keep to listen too.

Deiphobus said on Apr. 27, 2009

^^DOUBLE POST!

Sephy said on Apr. 28, 2009

I love that last track, although it’s not as gabbery in tempo as I’d like to see :D.

Mashi said on Apr. 28, 2009

@Anonymous: Renard will send you a link through e-mail.

it says so when you check out

Cachorro said on Apr. 28, 2009

Furries aren’t evil or anything, just a little mixed up. I love how people will jump on any hate band-wagon that isn’t looked down upon by the majority of their relations…I think being strictly opposed and intolerant of any kind of people because of a mass stereotype is foolish no matter how you slice it. Stop thinking about people in generalizations. Don’t judge the people you don’t know, instead, take every person you meet just one at a time, and appreciate them on whatever level they are on. You know you hate it when people lump you into a generalization (for liking RPG’s or anime, or what have you); don’t do it to others.

/preaching

Klippa said on Apr. 28, 2009

Thanks for the article on the album!

I’m glad a lot of you guys are enjoying it; I’m working on getting a number of download links out of you all that have purchased; thanks so much for the support!

I’m not sure when Part II of the album will be coming, since I’ve been lacking a little bit on the inspiration front when it comes to arrangements and remixes, but when it does come around, I’ll be sure to let you all know. :]

And to all the furry haters; don’t worry, I hate the fandom just as much as you all do – it’s got plenty of weird and “horrible” things, as well as weird and “horrible” people, but it’s all part of the hilarious charm it has, I suppose. :]

Zooooom!

Aerostella said on Apr. 28, 2009

I love them! I would definitely buy… if I had any money, that is. >.>

Vague Rant said on Apr. 28, 2009

Isn’t this like, highly illegal? You can’t just remix someone else’s music and start selling it; it’s akin to Mato deciding to sell the Mother 3 translation when he got done with it; these guys are profiting, at least partially, from someone else’s work. Which blows. Stop giving them your money.

LucasTizma199 said on Apr. 28, 2009

… So, on that note, any cover that any other artist has EVER made and sold on his or her CD is illegal? … Give me a break. It would be illegal if he ripped the music straight from the game and sold it as an original creation.

Dale said on Apr. 28, 2009

@Mato… lmao I was listening to that remix of Eight Melodies when scrolling by and it does fit perfectly… same with the Saturn Panic song.

Dale said on Apr. 28, 2009

Oh, and these are awesome. Definitely going to pick one of these up, thanks for the link as always.

Cachorro said on Apr. 28, 2009

@Vague

It’s not illegal. Check out the copyright laws on selling reinterpreted music.

Mashi said on Apr. 29, 2009

@Vague: OH MAN REMIXES ARE ILLEGAL? I SHOULD TELL KLIPPA TO STOP MAKING THEM THEN EVEN THOUGH I COULD HAVE SWORN THEY WEREN’T.

I GUESS THAT MEANS OTONOISHI IS ILLEGAL TOO?

DERIVATIVE WORKS, DO YOU KNOW IT

LucasTizma199 said on Apr. 29, 2009

@Mashi: Please continue to keep us informed about any and ALL music related to MOTHER! 😀 If I ever become rich, I’m going to hire a person (or persons) to scour the face of the planet for E-V-E-R-Y version of Pollyanna that has ever existed. I currently have 23 different Pollyanna versions in iTunes, but there are still several MIDI and YouTube/Nico Nico Douga versions that I have yet to catalog. O.o

CruxianAzelf said on Apr. 29, 2009

Awesome music — I especially like the last track, I never thought it was possible to actually remix the “Giygas – Phase 3” track. o__o
Is there a full version of that one song on YouTube or someplace like that to be listened to?

CruxianAzelf said on Apr. 29, 2009

…oh, wait, nevermind.
*facepalms after seeing that the last two tracks were entered in the Halloween Funfest*

CarbonTiger414 said on May. 1, 2009

Most excellent! I’m ecstatic of all these songs and I don’t mind to pay $5 to get this..Personally, I think it was worth Eight Hardcore Beats alone, but that’s just me..Now if you’ll excuse me..*breakdances*

Vague Rant said on May. 1, 2009

“any cover that any other artist has EVER made and sold on his or her CD is illegal?”

This is moronic, obviously in this case the artist performing the cover pays royalties to the original artist/label/whoever owns the copyright. “Reinterpreted” works probably falls under the same laws, since it sounds like it’s just a fancy word for cover. Derivative works are subject to copyright, and since these are obviously derived from original EarthBound tracks, they owe some amount to the copyright holder, which should have been negotiated with them prior to the release. If it was, then great job and I have no problem with this project.

And Mashi, stop typing in all caps, it makes you look nine years old. Unless you are nine years old, in which case continue, but be aware that nobody cares what nine-year-olds think. Nobody said anything about remixes being illegal, so your strawman is pathetically weak, and you would do better to argue with people who are your intellectual peers; I’ll leave where they stand up to you to decide.

Strawberry Tofu said on May. 2, 2009

WHY DOES THE LINK NOT WORK.

WHYYYY.

Oh, SORRY. Didn’t mean to go all NINE-YEAR-OLD ON YOU.

Mashi said on May. 2, 2009

Oh, bugger, seems my caps lock key wouldn’t unstick. I severely apologize. Just fixed that.

Anyway, Vague, I’ve seen some video game cover bands/performers press CDs and sell them, and I don’t believe that they set up any royalties with Nintendo or whoever, because they are struggling musicians and this is how they make their living. If this is wrong, please give some proof that they have.

Now why don’t you shut up and enjoy the music?

Mashi said on May. 2, 2009

Also, the Japanese OTONOISHI releases are selling for 1,200 yen each.

Unless of course, you’re only referring to Nintendo of America wanting royalties for a game they never released and a game that sold poorly, then I guess my point is moot. :C

LucasTizma said on May. 2, 2009

@Vague Rant: Do us all a favor and stop talking.

Karma said on May. 4, 2009

I just have to laugh at Vahgue Rant.

Another moron pretending to know what he’s talking about, spouting useless idiocy, about his wrongly percieved stupidity about covers being “illegal”, without any semblance of knowledge to back up his ignorance.

He is clearly wrong, misinformed, and ignorant of what he talks about, and seems so intent on trying to save some face that he never had. It’s always hard to tell if that’s hilarious or sad.

So, for your own good, Vague Rant… Please try to understand the following set of words.

Covers. Are. Not. Illegal. You. Can. Sell. Fan. Remixed. Albums. You. Do. Not. Know. What. You. Are. Talking. About. So. Please. Shut. Up.

I sincerely hope that was monosyllabic enough for Vague Whiner to get it through his head before he decides to type publicly on the internet again.

But, then again, if he likes embarrassing himself, well, then I suppose he must be quite content learning absolutely nothing from being ridiculed like a 4 year old, and will probably say something stupid somewhere else, I guess.

Shamu said on May. 5, 2009

CruxianAzelf: The phase 3 track is in the song “ă‚€ăƒŠă‚ŻăƒŠăƒȘăƒŠă‚”ă‚€” in the MOTHER 2/Earthbound soundtrack.
Now I wonder why is there giygas music in there…(There’s even no Pokey means business)

Go! Go! Starman Crew said on May. 13, 2009

You finally got here, this is.. Nah, We’re just joking! From the Go! Go! Starman Crew: What you just saw was a SAMPLE of course! We have amazing remixes of the Love Theme, Otherworldly Foe, Onett, Twoson, and Fourside! Be sure to check it out!

Lukas said on Aug. 10, 2009

So who made them?

Lukas said on Aug. 10, 2009

Umm nevermind that.

neonix said on Aug. 31, 2009

Well the linked site is broken..

alyon59 said on Sep. 10, 2009

Some of the tracks are available on his free page.:)

Akkeresu said on Feb. 24, 2010

Hey y’all! Here’s some info on the album and the creator.

Renard recently turned from Vulpvibe over to LapfoxTrax, and is still in the process of doing his new stuff.

You can officially download a copy of “8 Hardcore Beats” from the album “The Best! The Best!” by Furries in a Blender. http://bit.ly/13ClV9

However, you can also listen to the entire album over here on Grooveshark until Renard gets the rest of the site running well. http://bit.ly/aANRmI

Hope y’all enjoy, and keep the bickering down low. XD

~Akkeresu

werewolfie said on May. 31, 2010

Well, I’m looking for a way to purchase the tracks. Not a fan of downloadable mp3, so I was wondering if there is a cd? Otherwise I would go with mp3s. But I can’t find the tracks on the links listed. Anyone knows where I can go to find and buy the album? A direct link would be nice (a search gave me no relevant results)

Lakitu 007 said on Nov. 16, 2010

Can somebody put the entire album back online somewhere ????
It is nowhere to be found except on Youtube but the quality is low. It’s a real shame, this album is pure awesomeness!!!
I can host a server for free or make money donation to anyone who has the original files of the the album.. I want it baddlyy 🙂 PLeazzzzz

Omnomnominous said on Nov. 28, 2010

I could send it to you – email me at ‘omnomnominous@gmail.com’ 🙂

100earthbound said on Jul. 20, 2012

the song at begining will kill Giegue faster.

P.S. Mato, the dance you put up made my 3 year old brother LOL SOOOO HARD!