Opening Up EarthBound Zero
I have an especially clear memory of kid me sitting in a lawn chair in the front yard one afternoon in 1990. I remember turning to a Pak Watch or some similar section in the latest issue of Nintendo Power and seeing a small article about something coming soon called “EarthBound”. By this time, I had still never played an RPG yet, but when the article talked about a modern setting and PSI powers and kids my age going on a big adventure, my interest was piqued. But little did I know what the future had in store for me and this series
So, here now is that article. If you were to follow the history of the franchise and fandom outside of Japan, this article is probably one of the earliest, if not THE earliest things there is. This was in Nintendo Power issue 19, the November/December issue with
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers Mega Man 3 on the cover. Thanks to Darien for the much better scan!
Barring any last-minute changes of plans, huh?
It’s a shame the game was dropped shortly after This awesome article goes into more detail about all that stuff, if you’re interested.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to EarthBound Zero in Nintendo Power
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo, SNES) Cleaned And Tested
- naja: Maybe since the aspect ratio of the GBA is smaller than the SFC version, they made the character walk slower so that you wouldn’t rush...
- MightyYT: Something else of note is that all 4 characters are perfectly in sync in their walking animations (foot placement and how they rise and...
- resetsurvivor: What sort of timing issues does the Super Famicom emulator have that you’ve experienced?
- JimJam707: I don’t why anyone would want to play the GBA version over the SNES version with the GBA’s music :/
- Kaabii: I got King DeDeDe to play it… and he’s stuck on Giygas, LOL.