I have an especially clear memory of kid me sitting in a lawn chair in the front yard one afternoon in 1990. I remember turning to a Pak Watch or some similar section in the latest issue of Nintendo Power and seeing a small article about something coming soon called “EarthBound”. By this time, I had still never played an RPG yet, but when the article talked about a modern setting and PSI powers and kids my age going on a big adventure, my interest was piqued. But little did I know what the future had in store for me and this series 😛
So, here now is that article. If you were to follow the history of the franchise and fandom outside of Japan, this article is probably one of the earliest, if not THE earliest things there is. This was in Nintendo Power issue 19, the November/December issue with
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers Mega Man 3 on the cover. Thanks to Darien for the much better scan!
Barring any last-minute changes of plans, huh? 🙁
It’s a shame the game was dropped shortly after 🙁 This awesome article goes into more detail about all that stuff, if you’re interested.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to EarthBound Zero in Nintendo Power
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...