MOTHER Remake Hack Ending Song Preview
I have an especially clear memory of kid me sitting in a lawn chair in the front yard one afternoon in 1990. I remember turning to a Pak Watch or some similar section in the latest issue of Nintendo Power and seeing a small article about something coming soon called “EarthBound”. By this time, I had still never played an RPG yet, but when the article talked about a modern setting and PSI powers and kids my age going on a big adventure, my interest was piqued. But little did I know what the future had in store for me and this series 😛
So, here now is that article. If you were to follow the history of the franchise and fandom outside of Japan, this article is probably one of the earliest, if not THE earliest things there is. This was in Nintendo Power issue 19, the November/December issue with
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers Mega Man 3 on the cover. Thanks to Darien for the much better scan!
Barring any last-minute changes of plans, huh? 🙁
It’s a shame the game was dropped shortly after 🙁 This awesome article goes into more detail about all that stuff, if you’re interested.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to EarthBound Zero in Nintendo Power
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...