Random Post:

Pokey Tattoo
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW

April 18th, 2009 | EarthBound, Images

In the latest issue of Game Informer, EarthBound is listed in an article about old games that now cost quite a lot to buy.

I dunno, I see complete sets sell for a lot more than $200 sometimes. Which explains why there are some complete sets near $400, as you can see here.

I should’ve bought a pile of these when they were in the bargain bins, held on to them for 10 years, and then sold them. I’m still working on turning myself into a robot to go back in time to make that happen.

Thanks to somaticdefilement for the scans 😀

21 Comments to EarthBound Worth a Small Fortune

Leirin said on Apr. 18, 2009

Wow, they really just keep getting rarer, aren’t they…?

SuperPaperNess said on Apr. 18, 2009

I’m still surprised that Chrono Trigger is that much. Sadly, I also had that game. Too bad I lost all of my SNES games.

Deiphobus said on Apr. 18, 2009

i have a space distorter made mato! right now, it only goes one hour in the future and takes an hour to work though.

Lothis said on Apr. 18, 2009

No thanks to me for point this out a good while back? 🙁

Mato said on Apr. 18, 2009

You didn’t have scans 🙁

But I do thank you for telling me though.

Jvct said on Apr. 18, 2009

Hi, Mato, I have other scans from NGamer Brasil, one about the Mother 3 translation and a “History Lesson” about Earthbound, can I send it?

In better quality, i promise. (lol)

Mato said on Apr. 18, 2009

Yep, just send to tomato@starmen.net.

santiagoff said on Apr. 18, 2009

Cool.

Lothis said on Apr. 18, 2009

But… but… but… I took a picture! Very blurry but, hey, not everyone can have a working scanner.

Mato said on Apr. 18, 2009

Weird, I only got your message and not the pic then. The contact form has been eating attachments the past two weeks all of a sudden. I wonder what happened. I better fix it before more cases of this happen.

Ratheronfire said on Apr. 18, 2009

That stinks. I’ve recently started looking for the game, and it looks really hard to get.

Lothis said on Apr. 18, 2009

Oh no Mato, I referred you to a thread I posted on SM.net, from a post in one of these blogs, and linked to the picture there.

walms said on Apr. 18, 2009

Thats a lot of links

SamWibatt said on Apr. 18, 2009

I should’ve bought a pile of these when they were in the bargain bins…

Yeah, no doubt. I remember seeing it all the time for $10-$15. Mine doesn’t have the box – but not planning on selling it anyway 🙂

Chant said on Apr. 19, 2009

That makes my wonder that a person should buy things twice if you know it’s going to be rare or not?! You have to wonder

Jeeves said on Apr. 19, 2009

I haven’t looked at prices for these besides the cartridge, but wouldn’t it be cheaper to “build” a fresh EB set and buy the cart, guide and box separately? My game was about $70, and I can’t imagine the total price of the other stuff would approach the cartridge price.

Saturnome said on Apr. 19, 2009

Well they’re harder to come by. Also, there’s a big price difference most of the time between a cart+guide+box set and a complete copy (that only add the publicity, a white cardboard and some cheap stuff)

Belasted said on Apr. 20, 2009

I never owned a copy. I used to temporarily trade Chrono Trigger for it. Now I have no SNES games except for Super Mario RPG. Is that expensive now?

gwocks said on Apr. 28, 2009

I saw 2 copies of EB in mint condition in a electronic store in jamaica, back in 2003. I was really confused by that… but sadly I did not spend my j’s on a copy. I also remember when best buy and the now-long-gone Camelot music store (great lakes mall, mentor ohio) had dozens of mint copies of EB long after they got rid of their SNES games and were only selling N64 and PSX games. That was probably 1998 or so.

dan said on May. 11, 2009

what should i ask for complete package(game,box,guide)?

Mato said on May. 11, 2009

Depends on the quality, but realistically, I’d expect it to go for $150-$200 if you actually want to sell it. You can try to sell it for higher, but you’ll be a lot less likely to get a buyer.

Find Merchandise!