Shigesato Itoi’s Gold Mine Adventure
Earlier today, I made a post on the PK Hack board, seeing if anyone with technical skill and free time would be willing to look for tiny technical differences between MOTHER 2 and EarthBound.
I did start on the easiest task myself though: comparing the sprite data between the two games. Most of the changes we already know about, like the pencil statue/octopus statue, the Runaway Five bus and the Tonzura bus, the Runaway Five having different-colored clothes, etc.
One thing I never noticed though was that the keyboardist person also got changed a tiny, tiny bit, for seemingly no reason:
I haven’t looked through all the sprite changes yet, but I don’t expect a whole lot more than this. I’m mostly interested in things like enemy graphics, map data, event data, stuff like that that might be slightly different in MOTHER 2 and can help us discover new things about the game.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound Keyboard Guy
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...