Fobbies are Borange 17
Earlier today, I made a post on the PK Hack board, seeing if anyone with technical skill and free time would be willing to look for tiny technical differences between MOTHER 2 and EarthBound.
I did start on the easiest task myself though: comparing the sprite data between the two games. Most of the changes we already know about, like the pencil statue/octopus statue, the Runaway Five bus and the Tonzura bus, the Runaway Five having different-colored clothes, etc.
One thing I never noticed though was that the keyboardist person also got changed a tiny, tiny bit, for seemingly no reason:
I haven’t looked through all the sprite changes yet, but I don’t expect a whole lot more than this. I’m mostly interested in things like enemy graphics, map data, event data, stuff like that that might be slightly different in MOTHER 2 and can help us discover new things about the game.
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound Keyboard Guy
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?