April 12th, 2009 | EarthBound, Images

Today is Easter, and to commemorate the occasion, Starmen.Net forumgoer toof posted this pic:

I have a fond memory of one Easter many years ago, probably the year after EarthBound came out, in fact. It was a really nice and relaxing day and I played through Twoson, just wandering around and exploring and having fun. So I decided to play some more EarthBound again today, as a little tradition.

Anybody else have EarthBound traditions like this?

20 Comments to EarthBound Easter!

Near said on Apr. 12, 2009

I remember playing through Earthbound on my Wii last Easter without turning my Wii off, since back then homebrew was so limited you couldn’t even save your games!

It was pretty tense since I figured it would kill my Wii, but it didn’t. That was sweet. It was left on for a total of around 80 hours. Yeah, my Wii’s a beast. Best part is that there was no [noticeable?] damage caused.

ZombiePaul said on Apr. 12, 2009

Every year on my 2 weeks vaccation I usually have a playthrough. I don’t do a marathon or anything, but I usually set aside a day out of the two weeks and get a bunch of munchies and a few beersand what-have-you and play for most of the day. Good times 🙂 It’s coming up in a few weeks too 🙂

Jeeves said on Apr. 12, 2009

I think the closest I’ve got is that I always beat the game at night, and I never play anything else for the rest of the day after I do. I give this treatment to most games I really like, though.

Old West said on Apr. 12, 2009

I wouldn’t call it a tradition really, more than a fond recollection. I remember one evening when I got to zombie-infested Threed, it was raining and thundering outside of my house. As unsettling as it was, it was an absolutely exquisite combination. That was cool I guess 😡

zedrein said on Apr. 12, 2009

I’ve had almost the exact same experience as ‘Old West’ there was a really refreshing rain storm as I was playing through Threed.

Deiphobus said on Apr. 12, 2009

mitch said on Apr. 12, 2009

Every year, I play through Earthbound in one sitting right after school ends for the summer. I’m sure that once I graduate from school permanently in a year, I’ll just do it for the sake of doing it. 😛

santiagoff said on Apr. 12, 2009

So that’s why you said that Easter reminded you of Twoson!

Aska said on Apr. 12, 2009

I just got my own copy of EarthBound today! So I could start the tradition today.

Mato said on Apr. 12, 2009

You should make a shrine to it 😀

metroidman said on Apr. 12, 2009

Mato you reminded me of when I first played Mother. I played it around like 9 years ago the night before Easter going into Easter. I didn’t understand back then why the hell it was called EarthBound and was on NES but realized later it was the first one and not the second. Ahhh fond memories of running around grinding…and grinding….and grinding…hahaha

Spitball Sparky said on Apr. 12, 2009

I also have fond memories of Easter and EarthBound…ironically, specifically of Threed.

VGMaster64 said on Apr. 12, 2009

I get all my orange Easter eggs and put eyes on them to make them look like a Fobby.

Jotokun said on Apr. 12, 2009

Unfortenetly too new to have any set traditions, although today, just for kicks I put M1+2 in my GBA player and recorded a fight against Giygas(and also cursing my capture card for its 2 second lag in the process).

…I still have my 1+2 box, manual, everything pretty much… perhaps I should make some sort of shrine like that… XD

Ska kid said on Apr. 12, 2009

I’ll play earthbound a week after school gets out, and I play Mother 3 in the spring.

Sconner said on Apr. 12, 2009

They look really nice
No ninja bunnies?

Andrew said on Apr. 12, 2009

I used to play EarthBound ever Spring Break when I was in elementary school. I wanted to restart that tradition and I finished it a few days ago.

Abjure said on Apr. 12, 2009

Every summer/fall I love to play EarthBound. It brings back nostalgic times from my childhood when I first played through EarthBound. The game literally changed my life I think.

Acedio said on Apr. 12, 2009

For some reason my brother and I remember being in the Summers part of EB during an Easter several years back. Now every Easter we try and get to that part 😀

eew :E said on Apr. 16, 2009

I dunno. Sometimes I remember the Summers theme when I walk on the beach, and hum along to it. I guess summer in general really reminds me of Earthbound.

I don’t really get that with other RPGs. They feel like they could happen anytime, anywhere. Boring highly saturated grass and all that.