Implementing a Blue Magic System in EarthBound
You know those really crazy battle backgrounds in EarthBound? Have you ever wanted to have them on your computer as screensavers? Well, now you can, thanks to Mr. Accident’s Kraken screensaver program!
Mr. A doesn’t have a homepage for this program, so if you need help or clarification about stuff, try checking out this old forum post of his. I should mention quickly though that this is a Windows program and that it has two requirements:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later
- DirectX 9.0 or later
Both can be gotten from Microsoft’s site for free, so if you have an older computer, do a quick search on Google to find what you need.
To install the program, download the file, then right click the program icon and choose “Install”. You can then configure it however you want by going to where you configure screensavers normally (control panel->display->screen saver).
Mr. Accident made the program after studying EarthBound’s programming, so this isn’t a “make it look like EarthBound’s backgrounds”, it’s probably as authentic as you’re going to get without sticking your EarthBound cart into your monitor 😀
Other Related Posts:
45 Comments to EarthBound Battle Screensaver
- 4am: Cool, very cool. On another note, I wonder how Jeffman is doing with the translation of MOTHER 1+2 currently. I hope he decided to use the...
- PSI MOTHER: cómo me gustaría comer un ramen al estilo de Mother3 ;( bueno.. aunque creó qué es fácil de hacer ya qué mientras me hacía un bocadillo...
- PSI MOTHER: viva MOTHER
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...