Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #31
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*

March 14th, 2009 | EarthBound, Merchandise, Videos

This week seems to be especially video-y, so here’s another while we’re at it. This time, Chatetris unboxes (aka opens up) a copy of MOTHER 2. For those who don’t have a copy, now you can live vicariously through him!

MOTHER 2 carts are whole lot cheaper than EarthBound carts, so if you’re crazy enough, you could always get one of them instead. I see a few on eBay right now here, some go as cheap as $5-$10. Also, if you’re hoping to learn Japanese sometime, it’ll serve as good positive reinforcement too 😛

19 Comments to Unboxing MOTHER 2

Chatetris said on Mar. 14, 2009

Woah Thanks for posting this!!! I didn’t even send this in.. You guys find everything earthbound on the interent

KevTehNev said on Mar. 14, 2009

The game will work on a SNES if the little plastic pins behind the cart pin slot are removed 😀

The Inuyasha Savvy Enthusiast said on Mar. 14, 2009

ok um i guess you really are out of content if you’re posting UNBOXING VIDEOS now

Mato said on Mar. 14, 2009

It’s a matter of balancing big and little content. It wouldn’t be wise to use up all the super-awesome content right away. I’m also very busy with work this weekend, so little updates are better than no updates 😛

Xi said on Mar. 14, 2009

Thanks Mato! Now those of us collectors who have had our copies shrink wrapped on a shelf for eons can actually imagine what it would be like to open it! xD

SamWibatt said on Mar. 14, 2009

Heh. I bought my copy of EB for $15 back when the used game stores had tons of SNES stuff – I should shrink-wrap it just so I can unbox it. 🙂

Darien said on Mar. 14, 2009

The SNES de-regioning mod mentioned by KevTehNev does in fact work; I’ve done it myself. But it’s worth noting that, in later-model SNESes, the plastic rails are metal-cored and much harder to remove. Still doable, but it’ll take a dremel or equivalent, whereas the old-model SNES can be modded with a pocketknife.

HAK2 said on Mar. 15, 2009

that’s exactly how my copy showed up!
except that mine was in the mother 2 box and all that…
my dad took a hammer and chisel to those pegs in the slot.
… literally.

MrSaturn33 of www.gamespot.com said on Mar. 15, 2009

I own it!

Jona428 said on Mar. 15, 2009

It’s a package from Japan that is indeed a Japanese game, from Japan!

blakyoshi7 said on Mar. 15, 2009

Japanese bubble wrap!

Sean said on Mar. 16, 2009

Yup, I’ve got Mother 1 + 2 in Japanese in both original cartirges AND on the GBA. A friend of mine might be giving me his US earthbound too.

Claus said on Mar. 17, 2009

Hope he has a Super Famicom. Unless what KevTehNev said was true.

Who were all those people on that paper?

Chatetris said on Mar. 17, 2009

Claus that would be me opening up the package and you don’t need a super famicom to play this all you have to do is pull the tabs out of the super nintendo. BAM your super nintendo can play super famicom games.

Claus said on Mar. 19, 2009

Do you have the actual EarthBound cart?

DanteAMD said on Apr. 6, 2009

I modded mine. I think it doesn’t work with Europeans. I modded my american one.

A fan said on Dec. 13, 2009

*This video has been removed by the user*

Dang…..

Mr. Saturn said on Apr. 24, 2010

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCC-

gg said on Jul. 17, 2011

I can actually use a japanese game without modding because of the retro duo