Anatomy of a Mr. Saturn
Jeffman let me know about this the other day – there’s an actual band called the Runaway Five. They cover all kinds of video game music, not just EarthBound. You can check out their site here, where you can listen to some of their music. They’re based in Canada, so if you’re in the Toronto-ish area, see if you can find them playing sometime!
In fact, here’s an audio clip of them being introduced before playing some music. I especially like the guy’s puzzlement about the number of band members and the reaction everyone gives at the mention of EarthBound 😀
Also, here’s a lowish-quality video of them playing the Sound Stone song:
Now they just need to get in debt so some kids can save them. And if they have a tour bus, I bet ghosts don’t bother them 😛
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to The Runaway Five are Real!
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.