EarthBound Price Update (May 2015)
Again, here’s the recent screenshot we’ve all been pondering about:
And here are some images of the “The Another World” character taken from here:
The pics you see above are meant for the DS version of the game, but the announcement (from last September) also has a vague “a version for another platform is to be released as well”, which could very well be referring to this ROID system that Level 5 is opening up this June.
Incidentally, the game’s animation is being done by Studio Ghibli and the music by Joe Hisaishi. You can see the TGS trailer for the DS game here. And, although it’s a tenuous connection, Shigesato Itoi and Studio Ghibli are on extremely close terms.
In any case, it’s definitely looking like this EarthBound-ish screenshot has something to do with this The Another World thing. We’ll have to wait for more details first to figure out the full story of what’s going on, like why they’d specifically choose EarthBound-style graphics and why they’d release a teaser image meant to give the wrong impression.
Anyway, I’ll try to keep on top of the story. If anyone comes across any info, let me know! The best way to get my attention is through here; otherwise, sometimes blog comments get stuck in spam or moderation and I won’t see them for a while.
Other Related Posts:
82 Comments to New EarthBound “Another World”?
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.