M1+2 Translation Update (Jan. 29)
Again, here’s the recent screenshot we’ve all been pondering about:
And here are some images of the “The Another World” character taken from here:
The pics you see above are meant for the DS version of the game, but the announcement (from last September) also has a vague “a version for another platform is to be released as well”, which could very well be referring to this ROID system that Level 5 is opening up this June.
Incidentally, the game’s animation is being done by Studio Ghibli and the music by Joe Hisaishi. You can see the TGS trailer for the DS game here. And, although it’s a tenuous connection, Shigesato Itoi and Studio Ghibli are on extremely close terms.
In any case, it’s definitely looking like this EarthBound-ish screenshot has something to do with this The Another World thing. We’ll have to wait for more details first to figure out the full story of what’s going on, like why they’d specifically choose EarthBound-style graphics and why they’d release a teaser image meant to give the wrong impression.
Anyway, I’ll try to keep on top of the story. If anyone comes across any info, let me know! The best way to get my attention is through here; otherwise, sometimes blog comments get stuck in spam or moderation and I won’t see them for a while.
Other Related Posts:
82 Comments to New EarthBound “Another World”?
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...