March 10th, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is Fanfare of the Noble Vase. This is the song that plays in MOTHER 3 when you get the Noble Spittoon or however you spell it.

This always felt out of place to me. It really reminds me of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for some reason. Oh well.

15 Comments to Music Talk: Fanfare of the Noble Vase

Jesse said on Mar. 10, 2009

It does kind of sound a bit like it could be in zelda. Definitely does sound different than all the other music in Mother 3, that’s for sure, but I think it still suits the purpose of what you finding the treasure, or something like that.

somaticdefilement said on Mar. 10, 2009

I don’t know about you guys, but I get a feeling like its parodying those item collect fanfares.

Lothis said on Mar. 10, 2009

It could have been worse. It could have been Zelda’s “you found something” jingle. I mean they are both Nintendo owned so there’s certainly nothing to have stopped them from doing that if they wanted.

Darien said on Mar. 10, 2009

See, I loved this song precisely because it was so out-of-place. Just like Somaticdefilement says, I think it was supposed to be bombastic and foolish like the item collection fanfares in a lot of games as a way of poking fun at them.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Mar. 10, 2009

At least it’s majestic.

MagusDuality said on Mar. 10, 2009

I guess peoples have already talked about the same thing already, but I agree that the music and the general scene give it a point of satirical humor. You find out shortly after this that the whole scene was blown way out of proportion in terms of the Spittoon’s importance, thus giving it an interesting retrospective comedic feel.

rayefrenzy said on Mar. 10, 2009

SO MUCH MAJESTY ;-;

Xi said on Mar. 10, 2009

Reminds me of Mario collection fanfares. It also sounded like it was starting off into the ending of Super Mario 64, when he gets the wing cap and flies off the platform.

Olias said on Mar. 10, 2009

its totally supposed to feel like its from zelda! the point is that it’s overplayed when it turns out to be an insignificant item

Stuffgamer1 said on Mar. 10, 2009

Tacking on my agreement that it was SUPPOSED to sound out-of-place, as a spoof, etc. 😉

Alxprit said on Mar. 11, 2009

How ironic that when you finally get the real treasure ingame, the same song plays. (IIRC)

Belasted said on Mar. 12, 2009

It doesn’t sound like “you found something”, it sounds like “you just got pendant or saved a maiden” in A Link to the Past. The two things are a bit different.

Aurilliux said on Mar. 12, 2009

Most of the music in the Mother series seems to be pretty well done; if something feels out of place, it’s likely a result of something, well, being out of place :P. This particular one totally feels like it’s out of a LoZ game, (and like everyone else has said) is probably a play on shine-gets, etc.

HossTehMaster said on Mar. 28, 2009

Speaking of out of place music, does anyone else think that oshoes castle’s music sounds like woohoo university’s music from Mario an Luigi?

Coconut of Enlightenment said on Apr. 5, 2009

I agree with Belasted–it sounds a lot like the song that plays after you beat a boss in LoZ:LttP.