Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
One of Shigesato Itoi’s recent successes are his “Hobonichi Notebooks“, which are produced by his company. They’re no ordinary notebooks of course. If they were, then there’d be no need for his notebooks. Instead, they’re very well-planned out and very Itoi-ish in design.
Basically, it’s a small notebook that each customer can completely customize to his or her needs. You can choose what cover you want, what type of cover you want, you can have special stationery included, if you want some schedule-related stuff included, you can do that, if you want to use it as a sketchbook, you can get some stuff for that included. Calendars, train maps, diet stuff, cooking stuff… There are so many custom options that I won’t list them here. His company releases new ones each year, and they sell very well. People even line up at bookstores when new ones are released, and Itoi himself is oftenon hand to chat with customers and sign autographs and such at these release events.
My description seriously doesn’t do it justice at all, but it’s been enough of a phenomenon to make it onto TV, here’s one example. Sorry, no English subs 🙁
Anyway, I just discovered that a while back, some downloadable covers were put on his site, including this MOTHER 3 one:
In case you’re interested, the PDF file is right here. It was meant to be used for these special notebooks, so I don’t think it’ll be of much use to us, but hey, it’s an unknown piece of MOTHER 3 stuff straight from his site, so I figured I might as well post about it. Maybe people can find uses for it somehow anyway.
The Mr. Saturn is saying “Potential!”, just in case people are curious.
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to MOTHER 3 Notebook Cover
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...