Onett Rubber Stamp
MOTHER 2 was in lots of Weekly Famitsu issues before and after the game’s release in 1994. Here is one of the earliest looks, courtesy of King Darian. As you might expect, this comes from the April 22, 1994 issue.
Caution! Big files!
There are some interesting differences between what’s shown here and what was in the final version of the game. Check out Apple Kid’s house. Even the Onett pic is slightly off – the garbage can is in a different spot. Winters’ map layout is very different, and the trees are completely different graphics. Dalaam is significantly different, and then of course there’s that Threed pic, which was actually used in later advertisements for the game, even though it’s a dark city in the final version.
See what else you can find! Someday I’ll maybe translate all this stuff, but it’s not very important at the moment. Of course, if you like this, then BE SURE to check out this 😀
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to MOTHER 2 in Apr. 22, 1994 Famitsu
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.