March 28th, 2009 | Mitch's Comics

Hurray! A new comic from good ol’ Mitch, just in time for the latest round of EarthBound news!

Click to see full comic

And, of course, this classic also applies well to this situation too 😉

17 Comments to Mitch Comic: A New MOTHER Game

Matt said on Mar. 28, 2009

Yea, even though I’m mostly a new fan to the Mother series, I learned REALLY quickly to not get my hopes up 😡

Churly said on Mar. 28, 2009

Too bad that’s not how I (as a new Mother fan) acted.

Poe said on Mar. 28, 2009

Hehe, c’mon you guys, comics are supposed to be FUNNY. You’re being very silly if you take mitch’s stuff seriously.

Deiphobus said on Mar. 28, 2009

what about the sundaes????

Mato said on Mar. 28, 2009

I’m guessing maybe this guy is a newer fan 😛

mitch said on Mar. 28, 2009

this comic is a true account of my own reaction. i’m pretty new to all of this too!

Chatetris said on Mar. 28, 2009

sums up the feeling I had about this 🙁

HAK2 said on Mar. 28, 2009

im actually glad the “The another world” thing is not a new Mother game. i don’t want to end up anticipating another one…

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Mar. 28, 2009

I’m not exactly an old EB fan, but did I never really expected this to be a new Mother game.

BOOBOO MAN said on Mar. 28, 2009

I’m kind of glad it probably isn’t.

I don’t know where they could go with the story etc and wherever they could, it probably won’t be very interesting and ruin a lot of the series for me.

Mr. Nosy said on Mar. 29, 2009

…not a new Mother game? Even better! I would like another series to explore!
*checks previous news for confirmation*
…now to check about Another World…

(By the way, this should be obvious, since, as some noted, Mother is not as neglected in Japan.)

Rau said on Mar. 29, 2009

OH GOD, I have to admit I reacted like that ( OKAI, not crying and jumping and all that … but yes, I did got my hopes really high and was a little sad about the “NO MOTHER, HAAAA HAHAHA, LOSER” thing … even if Another World looks like an interesting game …)

But I learned to laugh of myself a loong time ago, so this made me laugh A LOT

Big A2 said on Mar. 30, 2009

It’s not like anyone ACTUALLY believed that screenshot was for a new Mother game.

…did they?

Stuffgamer1 said on Mar. 30, 2009

I’ve been an Earthbound fan since its SNES release, and I STILL don’t take bad news as well as the second guy from that other strip. Not as bad as this guy, either, though. I tend to get highly annoyed and rant to friends/family/coworkers/anybody I can get to listen to me.

With this “Another World” thing, though, I still think it’s SOMEHOW related to Earthbound, even if only as a visual style homage. The look of it makes me want to keep tabs on it, even if it turns out to have basically NOTHING to do with Earthbound at all (other than blatant sprite rip-offs).

SoreThumb said on Mar. 31, 2009

I can see it now. That screenshot is actually the house outside of the Forest that leads to “My Neighbor Totoro’s” woods.

OH WELL!

GoldenEevee said on Apr. 1, 2009

I saw this on Mitch’s DeviantArt account and added it to my faves………

Weebee said on Nov. 11, 2013

I wouldnt just say “Life is good” that’s almost nothing i could think about a new mother coming…

Find Merchandise!