March 18th, 2009 | EarthBound, Uncommon Knowledge

I’ve just updated my MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound site again (M2EB for short). This latest update deals with Moonside! Don’t fry your brain!

14 Comments to M2EB Update: Moonside

Spitball Sparky said on Mar. 18, 2009

I always love when this sort of stuff gets updated. Glad to see frequent updates on M2EB.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Mar. 18, 2009

M2EB is one of my favorite things to see updated. Keep up the awesome work, Mato. 😀

santiagoff said on Mar. 18, 2009

You sure work hard on this Mato. Great work!

Aerostella said on Mar. 18, 2009

I love Moonside. I love M2EB.

BOTH MERGE?! I get excited!

mrhappymanjr said on Mar. 18, 2009

earthbounds gay

Jotokun said on Mar. 18, 2009

Ironic, the timing of this. Last night I just got through moonside on mother 1+2. Its really interesting how subtle the differences are, this is probably one of the few games that wasn’t gutted in the process of translation like so many others are.

Jimi said on Mar. 18, 2009

Earthbound sure made me gay. I was so eager to play the rest of the series when I finished it.

Xi said on Mar. 18, 2009

So was it just lazy translators that resulted in the “BAR” in Mother 2 being slanted in preportion to the building yet the “CAFE” in Earthbound looks like it took under a minute on MS Paint?

Kurisuellegarden said on Mar. 18, 2009

Mato! You should maybe look at Animal Crossing’s City Folk fortune teller. I think she does the same thing with her fortune telling. (Says a phrase backwards.)

Zombie Chad said on Mar. 18, 2009

I love the comparisons!

I believe in Fourside you mentioned you didn’t know why Monotoly was translated to Monotoli.

I’m pretty sure it’s to avoid too much similarity to MONOPOLY! I believe you even mentioned that Itoi loved Monopoly in the same section.

Difegue said on Mar. 20, 2009

Kurisuellegarden: Lots of Nintendo fortune-tellers do that. Check Twilight Princess

Adam said on Mar. 20, 2009

In the part about how the NPCs speak in mixed up syllables (“Welc Ome”), I always thought it was creepy that the bottom line of the text in that picture looks like “demon side.” Maybe it wasn’t intended because I know NoA doesn’t like religious / occult references, but it’s hidden enough to be harmless. Does the Japanese have this effect?

TheGlitchmaster said on Apr. 9, 2009

I love this blog. So many minute things changed from Japan to America. All to not scar us as children

emobook101 said on Dec. 5, 2011

kinda funny that the part most likely to scar us wasn’t removed…