MOTHER 2 EARTHBOUND DOSEISAN MR SATURN  & GEPPU  MASTER BELCH PLUSH DOLL JP NEW

March 21st, 2009 | Let's Chat

What’s up? I’m not sure what to think about this, but… Why is there only one chair in Ness’s dining room? And why don’t they even have a kitchen?!

39 Comments to Let’s Chat with Starman!

Pozeal said on Mar. 21, 2009

I think that there’s a secret room that is the kitchen. the door is disguised as a window but it’s actually a door. when the screen fades out, ness’ mom goes in there to make delicous [favfood]

zedrein said on Mar. 21, 2009

Ness has a broken family, that’s why he doesn’t have as many luxury’s as others.

Mashi said on Mar. 21, 2009

For some reason I always re-imagined the house with the stairwell being on the south wall of the house and that door where the stairs used to be was the kitchen. Obviously, that isn’t how it’s working in EarthBound, but, eh.

As for the one chair, I’m not really sure. Maybe the kids bring their own chairs from their rooms…?

santiagoff said on Mar. 21, 2009

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Briianz said on Mar. 21, 2009

Its because they dont need a kitchen. All they need is a trash can.

Bowser said on Mar. 21, 2009

The problem is that there is no toilet either 😀

Cornad said on Mar. 21, 2009

Who needs a kitchen when you got Pk[favorite food]?

Krennthief said on Mar. 21, 2009

Maybe someone should come up with a complete floorplan for Ness’s house…?

Yorkshire Tea said on Mar. 21, 2009

Ness’ parents don’t even have a room either…

mother3fan said on Mar. 21, 2009

they must move the sofa to the table

Deiphobus said on Mar. 21, 2009

their house is worse than the one you get in pokemon

Pishi said on Mar. 21, 2009

That’s because Ness’ mom isn’t the one in charge of the cooking. Ness’ dad is.

Which means that everyone orders their food by phone!
(Escargot Express even hired Tracy because Ness’ family is their #1 customer.)

Dr Shlub said on Mar. 21, 2009

The kitchen door is under the table and there’s only one chair because… there’s more in the kitchen

Jimi said on Mar. 21, 2009

Porky ate the other chairs.=(

eb0ebm3 said on Mar. 21, 2009

Because Poo taught them how to levitate while meditating and so they just do that instead of sitting (hey give me a break, its not that good I know :/)

someone said on Mar. 21, 2009

Seeing that Ness eats from the trash can, the father isn’t home, and Tracy has a *ahem*hidden*ahem* cookie stash, there is no need for multiple chairs.

As for the kitchen, its behind the house that is larger inside than out.

The real question is how Ness can go through the entire adventure multiple times in only a week or so to over 10 years. (It’s not my fault I didn’t grind and had to use a hotel 3650 times)

Dumbo said on Mar. 21, 2009

The other chairs (Along with the kitchen) got possesed Mother-style. Luckily, they were quickly disposed of and made into fire wood before they could reach the road.

wants_latios_lots said on Mar. 21, 2009

*whirrrrr*
~-click-~

Anon said on Mar. 21, 2009

Why if there were any more chairs in the room, somebody would lose an eye! Kids these days…

And on the topic of Ness’s family, I think I found a picture of his dad: http://s5.tinypic.com/warddl.jpg

sticktendo said on Mar. 21, 2009

2 words: Mach. pizza.

Alxprit said on Mar. 21, 2009

Um, well, there’s a lot of the house you can’t see because you’re looking at it from a certain angle when inside. Where you think there’s wall, there are really doors to Ness’s Mom’s bedroom, a kitchen, and a bathroom.

Krennthief said on Mar. 21, 2009

Well, I was assuming the floorplan would be rather difficult, given the strange information you guys are coming up with . o.o

But what do I know, besides that it’s EarthBound, and houses don’t have to be accurate. Heck, they don’t even have to be logical.

Maybe I’ll make a realistic floorplan of his house, but that might ruin your guys’s fun by guessing where in the world Ness’s parents’ room, their bathroom, and their kitchen are. It’s actually more entertaining than what I would think of. =P

Hunter Coates said on Mar. 22, 2009

Must be floor plan failure.

biehlza said on Mar. 22, 2009

Maybe only Ness likes to sit, because as we see, Ness is the only one who (in the family) is laying down, everyone else is always standing up. I’m guessing he sits too.

wkepa;s said on Mar. 24, 2009

maybe they just go to some food market and buy some food.

the kitchen is maybe outside.

Claus said on Mar. 27, 2009

They don’t have a bathroom either.

FuzzyPicklez said on Mar. 28, 2009

People don’t need bathrooms in their houses! Who needs bathrooms when you have TREES!!! Seriously, there are trees ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Not even Porky needs bathrooms! Porky goes anywhere he pleases! Even in the middle of the desert!

Claus said on Mar. 29, 2009

WTF? You know what I mean. Nobody uses trees all the time anyway.

Leirin said on Apr. 4, 2009

The kids prefer standing. It’s healthier anyway.

petio said on Apr. 6, 2009

because they don , t need one . they don t cook and they do not get frozen food

Claus said on Apr. 6, 2009

Ness’s mom somehow cooks his favorite food for him if you go back to his house and talk to her.

DanteAMD said on Apr. 6, 2009

Actually, she can use PSI too and makes it appear out of nowhere.

Claus said on Apr. 8, 2009

Haha. I guess Ninten’s mom could do the same thing then.

PK Scatman said on Apr. 15, 2009

they probley have canned food and a secret micerwave

Ector said on Jul. 3, 2009

A hurricane blew down alot of their house, but they put a new wall in without putting the other rooms in, at least until they get more money (which Ness’s dad is giving to Ness for beating up hippies and old ladies). That’s why they are in debt to the Minch family, because they urgently needed money to rebuild a wall. Their chairs were stolen by gypsies.

Floridian said on Dec. 13, 2010

It might be beside the living room, but the camera won’t let you see it for some unknown reason.

dungeon man said on Dec. 14, 2010

I think they get there food from Pokey’s family

Anonymous said on Dec. 14, 2010

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they eat fuzzy pickles! ROFL oh and porky (pokey?) ate all the chairs and that wall you dont see plus he ate ness’s mums room.

100earthbound said on Jul. 23, 2012

Ness took the two chairs to the metior (sorry, bad spelling)and droped them on it