A good while back, a fellow by the name of Michael Iantorno created a hack of EarthBound for his thesis project. The concept of the hack is really interesting, and some of the effects that can occur depending on your actions really show how some types of storytelling work best in game format. The game was also on display at the Nuit Blanche festival in Toronto.
He even made a short video introducing the project here:
Be sure to check out the latest hack Michael’s working on here. It’s looking really, really good 😯
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to HyperBound: An EarthBound Hack
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...