Ness vs. Link – FIGHT!
For those just joining in, some new giant, life-sized Mr. Saturn plushies went on sale recently. The way it worked was weird, so read this interview for details. Basically, the company only made 500 at first because they didn’t know what the demand would be, and the cut-off date for orders was Feb. 28th. If more than 500 were ordered, then they’d do a lottery system thing, and those who were chosen would get to buy one.
Yesterday, e-mails went out and apparently there were 2370 orders. So a lot of people had to be turned away. But, also included in the e-mail was news that the second run would be starting, and this time everyone who orders one will get one. I’ve translated the e-mail (the one sent to people who weren’t lucky) below:
Because so many orders for the Knee-High Mr. Saturn Plush Figure were made, we were forced to use a lottery system.
First run production: 500 figures / Number of orders: 2370
Unfortunately, we were unable to serve you this time. We apologize deeply.
** Good news! There will be a second run! **
In response to the demand, we’ll be doing a second production run! All orders made in this second run will be guaranteed to receive a figure.
Item Name: Knee-High Mr. Saturn Plush Figure
Price: 12,000 yen (tax included) (convert to US dollars)
NOTE: The second run figures will be essentially the same as the first run
We will produce and ship as many figures as are ordered.
Second run figures are expected to ship in the first half of June, 2009.
** How to Order **
Order Deadline Date: March 22, 2009
Order URL: (removed for personal info reasons)
Please understand that we cannot cancel orders once they’ve been made.
NOTE: The second run will not employ a lottery system
We will continue to think up “Oh, I always wanted one of those!” kinds of merchandise. Please look forward to future items from Net-You.Net!
So that’s pretty sweet news, assuming you can afford it. But with the infinitely smaller MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plushies selling for like $200-$300, these giant ones are an incredible bargain.
Sadly, I think they’ll only sell to you if you live in Japan, so you’ll probably need a middleman like Celga if you live outside Japan. If you’d like to let Banpresto know that there’s real demand for this kind of stuff outside of Japan, see here.
If you live in Japan, you can order the Mr. Saturn plushes here, though right now the order form still seems to be closed.
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Giant Mr. Saturn Plushies, Round 2!
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo Snes Cleaned & Tested
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...