MOTHER 1+2 Translation Released
The other day, pirohiko posted a Tool Assisted Speedrun (TAS) of EarthBound. The previous TAS record for EarthBound was 3 or 4 hours, but this latest run is just over 1 hour total 😯 To do this, legitimate bugs in the game are used to skip parts of the game, no cheat codes or anything were used. If you’re not familiar with what a TAS is, I like to think of it as how a superhuman might play a game.
Anyway, if you want to see the neat tricks and super-efficient methods to blaze through the game this quickly, check out pirohiko’s video! Also, an explanation of the various methods and glitches used are documented here. It’s fascinating stuff.
TASs are really cool, but for EarthBound, I’d love to see someone try to break the 7 hour or even 6 hour barrier by playing on an actual console in one single sitting. I forget where the record currently is, but it’s somewhere above 7 hours, I believe.
(Incidentally, I actually came across the new TAS the same day it was posted, and a bunch of people informed me almost immediately after, too. It’s great that people are submitting EarthBound news more often, so keep it up!)
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Finishing EarthBound in One Hour!
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...