EarthBound Player’s Guide PDFs
The other day, pirohiko posted a Tool Assisted Speedrun (TAS) of EarthBound. The previous TAS record for EarthBound was 3 or 4 hours, but this latest run is just over 1 hour total 😯 To do this, legitimate bugs in the game are used to skip parts of the game, no cheat codes or anything were used. If you’re not familiar with what a TAS is, I like to think of it as how a superhuman might play a game.
Anyway, if you want to see the neat tricks and super-efficient methods to blaze through the game this quickly, check out pirohiko’s video! Also, an explanation of the various methods and glitches used are documented here. It’s fascinating stuff.
TASs are really cool, but for EarthBound, I’d love to see someone try to break the 7 hour or even 6 hour barrier by playing on an actual console in one single sitting. I forget where the record currently is, but it’s somewhere above 7 hours, I believe.
(Incidentally, I actually came across the new TAS the same day it was posted, and a bunch of people informed me almost immediately after, too. It’s great that people are submitting EarthBound news more often, so keep it up!)
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Finishing EarthBound in One Hour!
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues