EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

March 11th, 2009 | EarthBound, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

Well, not really the wild wild, but much like that EarthBound on Frasier sighting, it’s a case of “oh, EarthBound’s on TV in the background”.

This comes courtesy of Chant Cowen. This particular sighting is from an episode of The Lab with Leo Laporte, which I’d never heard of before, but I guess it was a Canadian tech show that recently ended. Anyway!

Seen EarthBound on TV or in a movie or something? Let me know! It’s almost like EarthBound is Where’s Waldo now.

12 Comments to EarthBound Spotted in the Wild

KingDarian said on Mar. 11, 2009

D: Leo… Gosh, I miss the good old days of TechTV. These sightings are pretty cool.

On a somewhat similar note, I was watching the HD version of Seinfeld on TBS the other day, which adds a whole lot of clarity over the standard definition everyone’s seen. I noticed that on his stereo shelf there were a number of video tapes and video games and I could actually read the titles. The only ones I could recognize were Sim City(SNES) and Tetris(NES). There weren’t any oversized EarthBound boxes, but those two are pretty cool, too. 😛

Jason said on Mar. 11, 2009

Just FYI, this show ended at least a couple years ago (2005? 2006? sooner?).

Leo Laporte runs his own Internet Radio/Podcast network, at twit.tv and has a live radio show for generally the West Coast on Premier Radio Networks for 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

I don’t want to sound like an advertiser or spammer, so I’ll leave it at:

(1) Cool Sighting
(2) “The Lab” ended a very significant time ago
(3) If you’re curious about Leo Laporte’s doings, check out twit.tv (no, nothing earthbound related at all).

Spyden said on Mar. 11, 2009

I found it interesting that it was in such a prominent place on the set. The bright colors easily draw attention to it, especially as he move to block and unblock it.

Does he place/choose everything in the background? Or did someone else plant that box there?

MotherFTW said on Mar. 11, 2009

That was sweet 😀

Chatetris said on Mar. 11, 2009

After seeing the Earthbound Fraiser thing I had to send this video in. This was early in the morning when I caught this so who knows there could a Earthbound box in some other episodes to!

Jona428 said on Mar. 11, 2009

Yeah, seeing as this is on G4 you’d think they would throw all sorts of gaming stuff in the background XD nice find!

Chatetris said on Mar. 11, 2009

LOL I feel like mato right now…answer to these replys. Jona428 it was made by the same guy that did Reviews on the run(Canadian game review show) and the electric play ground(General video game show) Thanks for the comment

Gambit said on Mar. 12, 2009

Haha, I’ve been to this set before and I wish I had seen this!

Chatetris said on Mar. 12, 2009

Gambit really did you meet Victor Lucas??

Steven said on Mar. 15, 2009

I loved The Lab with Leo. For anyone who didn’t know it was the remake of Call for Help that aired in the US (and later Canada) in the hopes of having G4 US picking it back up, but it didn’t work. I was a caller on episode 70!

Claus said on Mar. 17, 2009

So others are allowed to have EarthBound references in their stuff but EarthBound is not allowed to have references of other things?

Pimpshi said on Mar. 23, 2009

Uh oh…the video is no longer available. 🙁