Random Post:

Naked EarthBound

March 2nd, 2009 | Misc.

I’m keeping up with these crazy newfangled things now, so I just made a Twitter account for EarthBound Central.

I have a few interesting ideas on how to add some neat Twitter-y stuff to the site, but for now that’ll be the standard thing where I post little things and little mini-updates that don’t really deserve full updates on the main page.

So if you like EarthBound and you like to stalk people, hurray!

POLL: Do you do any Twitter stuff?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

19 Comments to EarthBound Central Twitter

Alxprit said on Mar. 2, 2009

I don’t use Twitter, but I’ll follow you like the average person follows their ambitions.

santiagoff said on Mar. 2, 2009

I don’t use twitter D:

ZombiePaul said on Mar. 2, 2009

Ok, I’m sorry if this a a REALLY dumb question, but I’m pushing 30, so that qualifies me as a geezer compared to some of you, so be nice… 🙂

Does this mean that I’ll have to check two different places for updates now or will everything still show up on this page? Thanks in advance whippersnappers 🙂

Aurilliux said on Mar. 2, 2009

I’ll follow on twitter. Woo!

Mato said on Mar. 3, 2009

Yikes, didn’t expect that many Twitter people to respond in that short a time :O I’m always pretty behind the times when it comes to stuff like this, it’s time I catch up finally.

Mato said on Mar. 3, 2009

ZombiePaul: All big updates will be done here. I’ll probably post insignificant stuff on the Twitter, or not, I don’t know yet. But I’ll have the Twitter feed embedded on the main page in one way or another too. It’s just going to be another tool the site uses, like YouTube.

ZombiePaul said on Mar. 3, 2009

Cheers Mato. Now I’m off to remove my dentures.

Darien said on Mar. 3, 2009

Don’t feel bad, ZombiePaul. I’m pushing thirty myself, and I’m also out of the loop on this “Twitter” thing all the young whippersnappers are in to.

That said, I can probably predict exactly what I’m going to do. In this post, I’m going to say “nah, I’m not keen on Twitter, and I probably won’t follow it.” And then sometime down the road I’ll start to feel left out and go do it anyhow. 😀

sticktendo said on Mar. 3, 2009

I got a Twitter recently, and I use it alot. See link for proof.

reidman said on Mar. 3, 2009

Old man Tomato finally wiping the cobwebs off those dentures~

Mato said on Mar. 3, 2009

I’ll have you know I upgraded to Netscape 4.0 last week!

nmufred said on Mar. 3, 2009

Haha, I’m only 24 and I’m with you Darien. I will probably get an account sometime in the future to see what’s special about it.

Den said on Mar. 3, 2009

Not sure what the big deal about it is. From the site description, it seems like something you might put as a comment or afk message on an IM program. Am I missing something?

Mato said on Mar. 3, 2009

It’s just another social tool that’s gotten really popular. Unless you feel like doing stuff with it yourself, there’s no need to make your own account or anything.

It’s a lot like YouTube – you don’t have to sign up for it or anything to reap its benefits, and people use it for all sorts of different things. Some people use it like crazy to document every thought they have. Some people seem to use it as a weird form of chat. In my case, I’ll probably generally use it as a mini-update system.

Difegue said on Mar. 3, 2009

That’s pretty cool Mato 😀

ZombiePaul said on Mar. 3, 2009

I read about this twitter thing. It kind of reminds me of Facebook as well. Has anyone else here read 1984? 🙂

Pishi said on Mar. 3, 2009