MOTHER 3 Notebook Cover
This is a bug that’s in MOTHER 1+2 only. It doesn’t work with the Super Famicom or Super NES versions of the game.
Basically, the programmers made it so that Giygas can’t be damaged normally, but they forgot to make it so that poison damage doesn’t work on him too. So by poisoning him in this form, you can kill him. It just takes a while.
The video above wasn’t taken by me, I swiped it from Nico Nico Douga, converted it (thanks forum guys!), and added some captions. This trick is something I’d heard about for years, but until now I never really looked into it very hard. Now hopefully this will clear things up.
Other Related Posts:
41 Comments to Defeating Giygas Without Praying
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...