More Fan Merchandise
This is a bug that’s in MOTHER 1+2 only. It doesn’t work with the Super Famicom or Super NES versions of the game.
Basically, the programmers made it so that Giygas can’t be damaged normally, but they forgot to make it so that poison damage doesn’t work on him too. So by poisoning him in this form, you can kill him. It just takes a while.
The video above wasn’t taken by me, I swiped it from Nico Nico Douga, converted it (thanks forum guys!), and added some captions. This trick is something I’d heard about for years, but until now I never really looked into it very hard. Now hopefully this will clear things up.
Other Related Posts:
41 Comments to Defeating Giygas Without Praying
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues