Onett Rubber Stamp
This is a bug that’s in MOTHER 1+2 only. It doesn’t work with the Super Famicom or Super NES versions of the game.
Basically, the programmers made it so that Giygas can’t be damaged normally, but they forgot to make it so that poison damage doesn’t work on him too. So by poisoning him in this form, you can kill him. It just takes a while.
The video above wasn’t taken by me, I swiped it from Nico Nico Douga, converted it (thanks forum guys!), and added some captions. This trick is something I’d heard about for years, but until now I never really looked into it very hard. Now hopefully this will clear things up.
Other Related Posts:
41 Comments to Defeating Giygas Without Praying
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?