Weekly Round-Up #37
This is a bug that’s in MOTHER 1+2 only. It doesn’t work with the Super Famicom or Super NES versions of the game.
Basically, the programmers made it so that Giygas can’t be damaged normally, but they forgot to make it so that poison damage doesn’t work on him too. So by poisoning him in this form, you can kill him. It just takes a while.
The video above wasn’t taken by me, I swiped it from Nico Nico Douga, converted it (thanks forum guys!), and added some captions. This trick is something I’d heard about for years, but until now I never really looked into it very hard. Now hopefully this will clear things up.
Other Related Posts:
41 Comments to Defeating Giygas Without Praying
Featured Item on eBay:
RARE Near Mint EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995)
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...