MOTHER 3 Cockney Mice
If you’re not sure what this is all about, see here. Basically, because of the markings on the disks, it was hoped that the canceled DD64 version of MOTHER 3 was on them.
Anyway, it took a long time, but after lots of hard work, the disks’ current owner, coreycorey2000 managed to boot two of the disks a few years ago. One was Mario Artist and one was Sim City 64. He hadn’t been able to boot the other two, though there was obviously stuff on them.
Then, just the other day, he made a post saying that he finally managed to run what was on the other two disks – and it turns out they both had copies of Doshin the Giant on them.
Unfortunately I have more bad news. I finally got around to hooking the 64dd dev kit up again last night. I tried the two disks that wouldn’t boot previously. It was quite simple to get them to run this time. I just had to go to Run then Go instead of using the resetdd command. I was so excited when the first one booted up. But it turned out to be Doshin the Giant. I played around with that for a while then decided to try the last disk. Disk #1. I figured it was #1 it had to be something good. But no it was another copy of Doshin the Giant.
No MOTHER 3. So that ends the mystery.
I really need to sit down and do a write-up of this whole thing, the history page I linked to above is way, way out of date. Anyway, there probably are disks somewhere that have beta MOTHER 3 stuff on them, but we’d need elite ninjas to find and seize them. So for now, that’ll have to stay a dream.
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to Blue Disk Saga is Very Over
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...