An Early Look at EarthBound in Total! Magazine
If you’re not sure what this is all about, see here. Basically, because of the markings on the disks, it was hoped that the canceled DD64 version of MOTHER 3 was on them.
Anyway, it took a long time, but after lots of hard work, the disks’ current owner, coreycorey2000 managed to boot two of the disks a few years ago. One was Mario Artist and one was Sim City 64. He hadn’t been able to boot the other two, though there was obviously stuff on them.
Then, just the other day, he made a post saying that he finally managed to run what was on the other two disks – and it turns out they both had copies of Doshin the Giant on them.
Unfortunately I have more bad news. I finally got around to hooking the 64dd dev kit up again last night. I tried the two disks that wouldn’t boot previously. It was quite simple to get them to run this time. I just had to go to Run then Go instead of using the resetdd command. I was so excited when the first one booted up. But it turned out to be Doshin the Giant. I played around with that for a while then decided to try the last disk. Disk #1. I figured it was #1 it had to be something good. But no it was another copy of Doshin the Giant.
No MOTHER 3. So that ends the mystery.
I really need to sit down and do a write-up of this whole thing, the history page I linked to above is way, way out of date. Anyway, there probably are disks somewhere that have beta MOTHER 3 stuff on them, but we’d need elite ninjas to find and seize them. So for now, that’ll have to stay a dream.
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to Blue Disk Saga is Very Over
Featured Item on eBay:
Rare MOTHER 2 Doseisan Plush doll With trash box NEW Free ship
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?