Random Post:

PSI Piano Omega

March 19th, 2009 | MOTHER 3, Uncommon Knowledge

A neat tidbit of info, courtesy of Yannick!

Apparently, the really creepy Love Walker enemy in MOTHER 3 (see here) is based on the poster for an old movie called “Cabaret“.

That enemy always creeped me out, so that poster would make me more likely to vomit in terror than anything else. BTW, lame tip: if you haven’t yet, try getting it to turn around in battle.

26 Comments to Argh! The Love Walker!

Spitball Sparky said on Mar. 19, 2009

Swastika!

Jimi said on Mar. 19, 2009

You know the first time I encountered the enemy, I didn’t really think of it as a swastika. I spend so much time explaining to people that in order for it to be one, the curves have to create an S, and I completely fail to see the reverse. XD

wvlfpvp said on Mar. 19, 2009

Yeah, but it makes sense for the Cabaret poster to have one, since, y’know, that whole “taking place in pre-WWII Germany” thing.

Itoi just wanted to make the love walker say “manji”

santiagoff said on Mar. 19, 2009

Nazi Tazmilyan hookers!

Dan said on Mar. 19, 2009

Just wondering, what DOES happen when you turn it around? its too much work for me to go back and try it XD

Alxprit said on Mar. 19, 2009

Just go to your Battle Memory and turn it around there, no big problem.

Also, I’m going to have nightmares looking at this.

Poe said on Mar. 19, 2009

Now that’s just plain horrifying.

cheeseits said on Mar. 19, 2009

Just as sick and twisted as the monster based on it.

Mr. Nosy said on Mar. 20, 2009

That looks like some weird art, though this is SO a swatiska.

GoldenEevee said on Mar. 20, 2009

I just found out another reason why Mother 3 never came out into the states, cause this enemy looks like a Swastika, also, I think the poster is going to give me nightmares…………

Paul said on Mar. 20, 2009

@Dan: It looks pretty much the same except the word “LOVE” is in place of the lips.

Pishi said on Mar. 20, 2009

There may be more to it, Mato! The connection between the Kabaret posters and Mother 3 is obvious, but I can see a less obvious connection between the movie and Mother 2.

A famous(?) song from that musical is “Money”, and the chorus goes “Money makes the world go ’round, of that we can be sure! …on being poor.” Kinda sounds like “Money, that’s what is hot. Money, it’s what we ain’t got, ‘cept freedom, freedom, freedom is what we’ve really sought!” no? Well, freedom aside…

Of course, the song is performed in a style completely different from the Runaway Five’s, and the way it’s done really seems like you’re watching “Love Walker: The Musical”. Here’s a link, watch at your own risk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q …then again, the way they say “Money money, Money money” in the beginning kinda sounds like “Mani mani”, no?
But that might be a(n even bigger) stretch.

AssKetchum said on Mar. 20, 2009

I think the simularities are just a coincidence. Eastern Europe has a notorious history of making artfully frightening looking movie posters. For movies that aren’t very scary but have frightening posters, try to look for the polish poster of Midnight Cowboy and Sunset Blvd.

MW said on Mar. 22, 2009

Money makes the world go around! The world go around! The world go around!

Money makes the world go around, of that we can be can be sure! … on being poor!

Claus said on Mar. 31, 2009

Ew!

thesage said on Apr. 21, 2009

Kabaret involved Nazis taking over Germany and sex. It also was the starring debut of Liz Minelli.

The money song mentioned previously:

I lose the game said on May. 19, 2009

And I always thought that the love walker was based off from Silent hill 2.

Mr. Jupiter said on Jul. 3, 2009

0.o

PicoZX said on Jul. 12, 2009

Wowzors..

JudgeDeadd said on Dec. 1, 2009
Lukas said on Dec. 6, 2009

What happens if i turn it around in Battle?

Parish said on Mar. 21, 2010

So on the poster it’s a freakish head with severed legs coming out of it forming a swastika? I now have nightmares. O_O

Ace of Technology said on Mar. 2, 2012

The love walker is in the shape of the Nazi sign but if you turn it around then it becomes a Buddist good luck sign. Strange world we live in XD!

Clockwork64 said on May. 4, 2012

This poster must be Giygas/Giegue Daughtor on brodway
😀

SpashBanjo said on Sep. 4, 2012

It’s like a Swastika, Giygas and a lady fused together. 😀

Kraken of the sea said on Dec. 2, 2012

I think im going to have nightmares tonight… :S