Weekly Round-Up for Apr. 18, 2010
UPDATE! A much better quality version of the image has been found, see here.
Apparently, a new type of game and entertainment service (playable on PC and mobile phone) called “Roid” is planned to be released in Japan. The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu talks briefly about it, and the screenshot it includes is certainly eye-popping:
(click for bigger scan)
The article doesn’t say anything about the screenshot in particular, except asking, “Could this be THAT RPG?!” and that really big-title names are scheduled to be released on it. It’s not clear if this screenshot is just concept art or what, though. If you know Japanese, you can do an interactive demo of how the Roid interface works here, but there are no game demos or anything of interest in relation to this image.
Anyway, if anyone can get a better scan of this image, please let me know! Thanks to eme for pointing this out to me
EDIT: Here is a better screenshot comparison. It’d be better if we had a better scan to work with, but oh well. You can see here that many of the objects are drawn the same way, just with more colors than in EarthBound.
Other Related Posts:
159 Comments to A New EarthBound Game?
Leave a reply
- Elise: This whole thing does remind me of a certain Pokemon episode. Thing is, Earthbound was released prior to that episode and from what I heard,...
- Sandata: Just to cover the basic fact, yes its comeing out on the Wii U.
- Benji: The Cover Makes a great wallpaper!
- Shannon Carr: I agree with Apple Kid. I’d love to have a Mother guide, even if it is in Japanese.
- Fjord: Animal crossing has a lot of cute references here and there of other nintendo franchises in all installments. New leaf just happens to feel...