Mr. Saturn is the Bomb
UPDATE! A much better quality version of the image has been found, see here.
Apparently, a new type of game and entertainment service (playable on PC and mobile phone) called “Roid” is planned to be released in Japan. The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu talks briefly about it, and the screenshot it includes is certainly eye-popping:
(click for bigger scan)
The article doesn’t say anything about the screenshot in particular, except asking, “Could this be THAT RPG?!” and that really big-title names are scheduled to be released on it. It’s not clear if this screenshot is just concept art or what, though. If you know Japanese, you can do an interactive demo of how the Roid interface works here, but there are no game demos or anything of interest in relation to this image.
Anyway, if anyone can get a better scan of this image, please let me know! Thanks to eme for pointing this out to me
EDIT: Here is a better screenshot comparison. It’d be better if we had a better scan to work with, but oh well. You can see here that many of the objects are drawn the same way, just with more colors than in EarthBound.
Other Related Posts:
159 Comments to A New EarthBound Game?
- DJMankiewitz: I’d be wary of reading any Australian magazine, because it might actually be a wolf spider or some other horrible thing.
- DavemanDeluxe: “The story is a surreal blend of school children and aliens, with some of the weirdest characters you’ll ever meet.” I...
- Liliana: “…and should do well in the States, too” I wish…
- Anonymous: It’s a little weird reading old EarthBound articles and thinking about how in retrospect their expectations of the game were...
- MarioFan3: I haven’t been here in yonks. Considering the article mentions that Mother was talked about in an earlier issue there must be...