MOTHER 3 Editor / Viewer Released
UPDATE! A much better quality version of the image has been found, see here.
Apparently, a new type of game and entertainment service (playable on PC and mobile phone) called “Roid” is planned to be released in Japan. The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu talks briefly about it, and the screenshot it includes is certainly eye-popping:
(click for bigger scan)
The article doesn’t say anything about the screenshot in particular, except asking, “Could this be THAT RPG?!” and that really big-title names are scheduled to be released on it. It’s not clear if this screenshot is just concept art or what, though. If you know Japanese, you can do an interactive demo of how the Roid interface works here, but there are no game demos or anything of interest in relation to this image.
Anyway, if anyone can get a better scan of this image, please let me know! Thanks to eme for pointing this out to me
EDIT: Here is a better screenshot comparison. It’d be better if we had a better scan to work with, but oh well. You can see here that many of the objects are drawn the same way, just with more colors than in EarthBound.
Other Related Posts:
159 Comments to A New EarthBound Game?
- socksmusicalcat: Wouldn’t these encounter the pirate detection issues, or did the ‘uncut’ romhack fix that?
- Nathan: It looks like these are actually selling for higher than the real things right now. What’s that about?
- Anonymous: Something about the last one makes me think it’s not the Earthbound > Mother 2 patch, because even without censoring Earthbound...
- Fun Observation: I like how the first cartridge has a KA rating on it while the last one has an M one.
- The Man With No Name: I like how the last one says “liscened by Nintendo” like THAT copy is the only offical one lol