EarthBound Card Game in Class
How are Mr. Saturn, cologne, and Obama all connected? Who knows.
On Shigesato Itoi’s site, there’s a section that’s updated several times a day with stuff that’s happening in the office. It’s neat, and you can keep track of it here.
Being that this is Itoi’s company office, it’s of course got Mr. Saturns everywhere, but yesterday PoeTrader noticed this recent pic:
I don’t know what it is, and the text next to it is completely unrelated (Itoi was playing Obama’s inauguration speech through those speakers for work inspiration), but it appears to me like there’s a strange Mr. Saturn thing next to some cologne, or possibly alcohol. I don’t even recognize where that Mr. Saturn is from, is it official merchandise? If so, I’ve never seen this kind before. And I wonder why it’s there.
I don’t think too much should be read into the pic (I don’t think it signifies anything, for the record), but I wonder what it is and why it’s there. The pic was taken during a session of “shut ourselves in this room for a long while so we can get a ton of work done” at his office.
UPDATE: It appears it’s probably one of the super-rare MOTHER 1+2 keychains given out at the MOTHER 1+2 release party. Why it’s suddenly showing up now like this, who knows 😛 Thanks to Pigmask Private for the tip 😀
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to What Are You Doing, Mr. Saturn?
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic