EarthBound Baby Names
Back while I was working on the MOTHER 3 translation, I frequented Japanese sites a lot and one thing I noticed in a few places was a report of a strange bug. Apparently, if you save with the frog in the playroom area of Thunder Tower and then quit, there’s a chance you might get stuck if you load your game. I tried to make it happen a few times but without any success.
It’s this frog and it happens around here I think
Even so, after we released the translation patch, I started to get reports of this happening to people. I’d like to know more about this, so if anyone has more detailed info, please let me know. Apparently what happens is that you wind up in a spot between the wall and the frog, and the frog won’t move out of the way, so you’re pretty much screwed. I can’t tell what exact spot this happens at though, but given all the reports from Japanese and non-Japanese players, I don’t doubt this is real.
I’d like to know more about it so I can possibly fix it in a future patch, or at least give a warning and tell people how to specifically keep it from happening.
UPDATE: Oh, I found a video of it in action!
Other Related Posts:
48 Comments to The Evil Thunder Tower Save Frog
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...