Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
For a good while now, a fad among Japanese gaming fans has been to take well-known anime intros and then remake them, replacing characters and places with characters and places from games they like. There are so many of these that it’s crazy, and the EarthBound/MOTHER games have had many anime-izations done too.
Here is one based on an intro for Shaman King. It’s pretty kickass, and everyone on the forums started drooling after watching it.
I’ll probably write up a page for all these anime-izations sometime, or maybe make a list of them or something. I translate anime for a living, and oh man what I wouldn’t give for there to be an EarthBound anime series, especially one that I could get to work on as translator 😛
Other Related Posts:
92 Comments to Sweet EarthBound Anime Intro
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?