Return of Shat-Canned Legends: MOTHER 3
The TAS community is incredible at finding glitches in games to get really fast speedruns of games, including EarthBound. I knew there were little shortcuts here and there to get through EarthBound faster, but thanks to a post Floogal made on the Starmen.Net forums, I just found out that there’s a way to skip Twoson, Peaceful Rest Valley, Happy Happy Village, Belch’s factory, and Saturn Valley. It’s pretty crazy and involves very exact timing, but here it is in action:
The way Ness moves through barriers is basically the same thing as this. But because these are TAS videos, they’re done with per-frame accuracy. Getting it to happen on an actual game/ROM takes more patience, but I assume that with enough practice you could do this major skippage trick on a real game without any extra help. Time to drink eggs and play Eye of the
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to Skipping Huge Parts of EarthBound
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!