Cookie Giygas is in Trouble Now!
The TAS community is incredible at finding glitches in games to get really fast speedruns of games, including EarthBound. I knew there were little shortcuts here and there to get through EarthBound faster, but thanks to a post Floogal made on the Starmen.Net forums, I just found out that there’s a way to skip Twoson, Peaceful Rest Valley, Happy Happy Village, Belch’s factory, and Saturn Valley. It’s pretty crazy and involves very exact timing, but here it is in action:
The way Ness moves through barriers is basically the same thing as this. But because these are TAS videos, they’re done with per-frame accuracy. Getting it to happen on an actual game/ROM takes more patience, but I assume that with enough practice you could do this major skippage trick on a real game without any extra help. Time to drink eggs and play Eye of the
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to Skipping Huge Parts of EarthBound
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...