MOTHER 3 Hot Spring Surprises
Itoi was on a show recently (he’s always being asked to be on shows actually) and the topic of discussion for this show was adulthood and how in Japan you’re instantly an adult the moment you turn 20. A picture of Itoi from around then is shown, and then he talks about his experience as he moved into adulthood.
The video is entirely in Japanese, but basically he said that he had dropped out of school around 18 or 19 and he looked for work that would best suit him and that wouldn’t require that strong of an educational background. Out of all the things he looked at, designing hats seemed to be the best choice for him. Good thing he didn’t follow that line of work 😛 I bet they would’ve been pretty cool hats, though.
In his 20s, he was very confused and daunted because he didn’t know where to go with his life, he couldn’t decide what to do. He likened it to crawling around in the dark. Man, I know how that feels. It’s tough finding what you really, truly want to do in life.
Anyway, I just thought I’d mention this here on EB Central, even though it’s not 100% EarthBound-related 😛
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Shigesato Itoi at 20
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.