MOTHER Remake Hack Coming Along Nicely
Itoi was on a show recently (he’s always being asked to be on shows actually) and the topic of discussion for this show was adulthood and how in Japan you’re instantly an adult the moment you turn 20. A picture of Itoi from around then is shown, and then he talks about his experience as he moved into adulthood.
The video is entirely in Japanese, but basically he said that he had dropped out of school around 18 or 19 and he looked for work that would best suit him and that wouldn’t require that strong of an educational background. Out of all the things he looked at, designing hats seemed to be the best choice for him. Good thing he didn’t follow that line of work 😛 I bet they would’ve been pretty cool hats, though.
In his 20s, he was very confused and daunted because he didn’t know where to go with his life, he couldn’t decide what to do. He likened it to crawling around in the dark. Man, I know how that feels. It’s tough finding what you really, truly want to do in life.
Anyway, I just thought I’d mention this here on EB Central, even though it’s not 100% EarthBound-related 😛
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Shigesato Itoi at 20
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...