Ultimate Chimera Shirt Restocked
Itoi was on a show recently (he’s always being asked to be on shows actually) and the topic of discussion for this show was adulthood and how in Japan you’re instantly an adult the moment you turn 20. A picture of Itoi from around then is shown, and then he talks about his experience as he moved into adulthood.
The video is entirely in Japanese, but basically he said that he had dropped out of school around 18 or 19 and he looked for work that would best suit him and that wouldn’t require that strong of an educational background. Out of all the things he looked at, designing hats seemed to be the best choice for him. Good thing he didn’t follow that line of work 😛 I bet they would’ve been pretty cool hats, though.
In his 20s, he was very confused and daunted because he didn’t know where to go with his life, he couldn’t decide what to do. He likened it to crawling around in the dark. Man, I know how that feels. It’s tough finding what you really, truly want to do in life.
Anyway, I just thought I’d mention this here on EB Central, even though it’s not 100% EarthBound-related 😛
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Shigesato Itoi at 20
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?