Cookie Giygas is in Trouble Now!
February 23rd, 2009 | Itoi
This week, Shigesato Itoi and his company of 40+ people are all on vacation in Bali. I think this is the second time he’s done this. It’s crazy that he can afford to fly that many people out there and have them all stay there for a week, then send them all back. But he’s Itoi.
Anyway, today, on his site, he left this message before leaving. It reminded me of stuff in MOTHER 3 somewhat 😛
Each time I went to Bali (Mato Note: with his wife, not the company) before, I always did this one thing, almost out of custom: I watched ants.
While reading a book or lounging around or yawning while I sat with my legs in the pool, I would observe ants.
Finding and carrying food, fights over territory, invisible boundaries, incidents and annoying onlookers, hard workers, slackers… For someone observing them, I would watch them all quite seriously.
My observation of ants in Bali has proven quite useful ever since then. It’s hard to explain, though.
But when I take the entire company with me, it’s not the same. It becomes “do, do, talk, talk, eat, eat, look, look”. There’s the fact that everyone is younger than me, but I don’t think I’ll have time this time to watch ants. That’s how it was last time.
But maybe I will try to mix in some ant observation this time too…
I wonder if his mention about his ant observation being useful later on had to do with MOTHER 3. There were a lot of ant-related things in the game where ants did actual ant things. Anyway, I thought that’d be interesting for people.
So the rule of thumb is: to be like Itoi, just watch ants!
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to Shigesato Itoi, Ant Watcher
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 EARTHBOUND DOSEISAN MR SATURN & GEPPU MASTER BELCH PLUSH DOLL JP NEW
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...