February 4th, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is Weak Opponent. I love this song. Loooove it. I don’t know why, it’s so simple and repetitive.

I remember when I first heard it, I said, “Aww, it would’ve been cool if it had been the real song.” My friend was like, “What song?” At the time, I couldn’t remember the name of the song I meant, but it was Tequila (right?) and I remembered it from this, of course 😛

15 Comments to Music Talk: Weak Opponent

Poe said on Feb. 4, 2009

I like this song cuz it makes me think of Runaway Dogs 😀

Darien said on Feb. 4, 2009

It’s not just you, Tomato — that song alwas reminded me of Tequila, too. And it makes me think of Spiteful Crows. 😉

mrsaturn95 said on Feb. 4, 2009

Pee Wee has the best laugh I’ve ever heard 😀 I never noticed how close Weak Opponent is to Tequila until now.

Ms Saturn said on Feb. 4, 2009

This is the first time I noticed the resemblance between these two songs o.o

rayefrenzy said on Feb. 4, 2009

I always listened to that spooky reoccurring theme in the background. YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

MotherFTW said on Feb. 4, 2009

They sound really the same

Smash Bass said on Feb. 4, 2009

There are some resemblances between these two songs, but I think I wouldn’t have noticed it if it weren’t for this comparison.

This song is one of my favorites in Earthbound because of those weird pauses. At first I thought these pauses happened exactly when I attacked, but after exploring the commands a bit more I realized it wasn’t that way. So good memories…

Zaxtur said on Feb. 5, 2009

They do seem pretty similar, but I still don’t think that’s what they were going for.

somaticdefilement said on Feb. 5, 2009

I never would’ve thought…

Difegue said on Feb. 5, 2009

That’s wacky to find a resemblance between those two, even if they are pmuch lookalike, yeah.

It’s for those kinds of comparisons that I love what you do Mato 😀

Pimpshi said on Feb. 5, 2009

Wow, this reminds me of the Song of Storms vs. Willy Wonka’s “Pure Imagination” likeness. I never would have seen these two being similar, though — that’s pretty crazy.

If anyone ever does a PK Hack with Pee Wee as an enemy, this is the perfect battle song. 😛

Masheysoup23 said on Feb. 5, 2009

Yeah, I’ve always thought they sounded similar, too, Mato.

BeezoWeldar said on Feb. 6, 2009

From now on I’m going to think of PeeWee Herman whenever I see a Coil Snake
I can’t tell if that’s good or bad!

Aerostella said on Feb. 6, 2009

This song has always made me want to rock side to side.

HooHaz said on Feb. 12, 2009

Lol, yeah very simillar, speaking of wich doesnt francis buxton remind you of pokey just a bit? the rich fat spoiled blonde guy who pretends to be friends with peewee but ends up being his greatest nemesis.

Find Merchandise!