Earthbound Super Nintendo Snes Cleaned & Tested

February 14th, 2009 | Music Talk

Today’s song is Mini-Porky's Entrance. I liked this tiny song in MOTHER 3 a lot, I’m not sure why. But for some reason it really reminded me of Pokey’s (Porky’s whatever :P) music in EarthBound. Maybe it’s the instruments or something.

And the weird games you play after this song are fun too 😀 I always like to bop the hard hat guy with the hammer.

8 Comments to Music Talk: Mini-Porky’s Entrance

Masheysoup23 said on Feb. 14, 2009

Probably my favorite version of this tune. I’m a big fan of the instruments used in it, as well.

captain_falcon said on Feb. 14, 2009

This song plays when I start up my computer.

Evan said on Feb. 15, 2009

Something I always liked about Pokey was the 8-bit motif that seemed to be connected to him throughout the series. The music in his house and at his office in the Monotoli building was bleepy and bloopy, and of course, the notorious Pokey Means Business! theme. And then later on the Porkybots. And I feel there’s one other in Mother 3 connected to him that I’m ignoring.

I always sorta found that interesting. I guess it sorta contributes to the nostalgia that’s part of his character in Mother 3.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Feb. 15, 2009

:I

I know this shouldn’t bother me, but it does. I hate when people call him “Pokey.” I can’t understand why someone would chose familiarity over accuracy. I know the whole nostalgia thing, but still.

Mato said on Feb. 15, 2009

Just let people do what people do. Otherwise, before you know it, you’re at war with another country and you’re all stinky.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Feb. 15, 2009

The Porky faction secedes from Starmen.net and the Pokey side fights to keep the union together.

BrickRoadDX said on Feb. 18, 2009

Pokey is how i learned it. Pokey is how i know it now. Therefore, Pokey is correct. I am right, you are wrong, no matter what.

HossTehMaster said on Feb. 18, 2009

Pokey, Porky, does it really matter? Either way hes still the same kid at heart. Anyway funny Evan should mention “Pokey means business” because the final fight with the masked man music I could have sworn I heard a bit of “Pokey means business” in there…