EarthBound Price Update (Feb 2013)
While this certainly isn’t new, I know a lot of people still haven’t seen it, so let’s take another look at it!
On some really bizarre and crazy Japanese VHS tape from like 1992 (I forget the exact name right now, but it’s listed here somewhere) there was a short preview of the upcoming MOTHER 2 game for the Super Famicom. The preview had an interview with Itoi and footage of the current build of the game.
Here, see for yourself. I subbed it like a year or two ago into English so people could understand what was going on.
There are definitely some interesting things in here. This video was apparently from the build just before the game was nearly cancelled. The programming team was having a really hard time, so Nintendo brought Satoru Iwata from HAL in, and he basically redid the entire thing in just a few months, thereby saving the game and saving the years’ worth of money spent on the development.
In a future article, I’ll go more into detail about MOTHER 2′s history and tons of pre-release stuff that was changed/cut out. But for now I wanted to show this video, because videos are awesome.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to MOTHER 2 Preview Video
Leave a reply
- Kaabii: I got King DeDeDe to play it… and he’s stuck on Giygas, LOL.
- Kaabii: I like “TO BE CONTINUED…” better because it hints at MOTHER 3′s events…
- Kaabii: I’ve been wanting a code like this for over 10 years… Thanks!
- DJMankiewicz: Yes, er, that is what was said above… Sometimes I see these weird responses that are just quotes of someone else’s post...
- BusterTheFox: Man, talk about getting logged out all the time, this time even my username got erased. O_O That’s me up there… as...