Shigesato Itoi Talks About Writing
While this certainly isn’t new, I know a lot of people still haven’t seen it, so let’s take another look at it!
On some really bizarre and crazy Japanese VHS tape from like 1992 (I forget the exact name right now, but it’s listed here somewhere) there was a short preview of the upcoming MOTHER 2 game for the Super Famicom. The preview had an interview with Itoi and footage of the current build of the game.
Here, see for yourself. I subbed it like a year or two ago into English so people could understand what was going on.
There are definitely some interesting things in here. This video was apparently from the build just before the game was nearly cancelled. The programming team was having a really hard time, so Nintendo brought Satoru Iwata from HAL in, and he basically redid the entire thing in just a few months, thereby saving the game and saving the years’ worth of money spent on the development.
In a future article, I’ll go more into detail about MOTHER 2’s history and tons of pre-release stuff that was changed/cut out. But for now I wanted to show this video, because videos are awesome.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to MOTHER 2 Preview Video
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.