Ness is Ozzie Boy?
A few astute people have notified me about a completely new and unopened copy of EarthBound on eBay. Given that the game is already rare and that used sets can go for $200 or more, I can’t help but wonder how high this one might go.
I can’t remember what the last new copy sold for, but I think it’d be fun to try to predict what this one will go for. Any guesses? If only I had gone and bought a bunch of the games back when there were stacks of them in the bargain bins at Toys R Us and K-Mart and stuff. Darn! I wonder what one might do with a mint, unopened copy like this. Didn’t someone put one in an airtight display with a lock on it once? What would you do if you got one?
Anyway, I don’t know why, the pic above is just screaming for a caption contest for some reason. So let’s all come up with some good captions/pics for it. Do good and you could win eternal praise and glory!
UPDATE: It’s very possible it isn’t as new and unopened as the auction makes it out to be. See here.
UPDATE 2: rofl, I just watched someone super snipe this at literally the very very last second. Went for $192.50.
Other Related Posts:
37 Comments to Mint, Unopened EarthBound!
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues