A few astute people have notified me about a completely new and unopened copy of EarthBound on eBay. Given that the game is already rare and that used sets can go for $200 or more, I can’t help but wonder how high this one might go.
I can’t remember what the last new copy sold for, but I think it’d be fun to try to predict what this one will go for. Any guesses? If only I had gone and bought a bunch of the games back when there were stacks of them in the bargain bins at Toys R Us and K-Mart and stuff. Darn! I wonder what one might do with a mint, unopened copy like this. Didn’t someone put one in an airtight display with a lock on it once? What would you do if you got one?
Anyway, I don’t know why, the pic above is just screaming for a caption contest for some reason. So let’s all come up with some good captions/pics for it. Do good and you could win eternal praise and glory!
UPDATE: It’s very possible it isn’t as new and unopened as the auction makes it out to be. See here.
UPDATE 2: rofl, I just watched someone super snipe this at literally the very very last second. Went for $192.50.
Other Related Posts:
37 Comments to Mint, Unopened EarthBound!
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...