Just Slap EarthBound On It
A few astute people have notified me about a completely new and unopened copy of EarthBound on eBay. Given that the game is already rare and that used sets can go for $200 or more, I can’t help but wonder how high this one might go.
I can’t remember what the last new copy sold for, but I think it’d be fun to try to predict what this one will go for. Any guesses? If only I had gone and bought a bunch of the games back when there were stacks of them in the bargain bins at Toys R Us and K-Mart and stuff. Darn! I wonder what one might do with a mint, unopened copy like this. Didn’t someone put one in an airtight display with a lock on it once? What would you do if you got one?
Anyway, I don’t know why, the pic above is just screaming for a caption contest for some reason. So let’s all come up with some good captions/pics for it. Do good and you could win eternal praise and glory!
UPDATE: It’s very possible it isn’t as new and unopened as the auction makes it out to be. See here.
UPDATE 2: rofl, I just watched someone super snipe this at literally the very very last second. Went for $192.50.
Other Related Posts:
37 Comments to Mint, Unopened EarthBound!
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!