Shat-Canned Legends: MOTHER 3
Popular Posts:None found
I had heard about this before, but I never really looked into it. But yesterday, while browsing Japanese sites, I came across an actual video of it, with documentation on how to make it happen. Basically, there’s a small glitch in the game that will let you walk through walls, stairs, and other stuff without resorting to cheat codes 😯
Here’s what the deal is: Get a status affliction that will reduce your HP over time. You might not know this, but when someone’s HP gets really low and they have a status affliction, the game will give you a warning message.
Now, if you’re standing on stairs when that message happens (I think it takes really precise timing), you can walk through the stairs after the message goes away. The game then acts like it does when you use the Walk Through Walls cheat code.
Since all maps in EarthBound are just part of one big map, you can walk to any part of the game now. You can tell where you are based on the music. If you want to actually see where you are, then just use the Sound Stone (which is what the guy does here). Consult this full map if you’re not sure of how to get wherever you want to go.
You could probably use this to get through the game a lot faster than normal. I’m curious as to where the first place this exploit might be doable in the game. I thought it might be Twoson because of the UFOs that give you colds + the stairs in the dept. store, but those are escalators, so I don’t think that would work.
I’m sure speedrun people might find it useful for something though.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to EB Walk Through Stairs Glitch
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.