Random Post:

EarthBound Zero Remake

February 7th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

Starmen.Net forumgoer posted about a project called EarthSound a few weeks ago. It’s kind of like NESBound, but in reverse. Whereas NESBound tries to recreate EarthBound’s music as it would sound on an 8-bit system, EarthSound tries to imagine what the music might sound like in a 3D remake with better sound hardware.

There are a bunch of MP3s posted, here are just a few, check out the rest here:

19 Comments to EarthSound: If EarthBound was 3D

Kuriuellegarden said on Feb. 7, 2009

We need to make our own 3D Earthbound for Wii!!!

LET’S GET TO WORK MATO+KURISU STYLE!

Mato said on Feb. 7, 2009

I actually have been playing with the idea of it in my head. Well, not a remake, but more like just a small side game or something. The images I have in my head are pretty nice but I don’t know much about 3D programming or modeling so oh well.

Mikhail said on Feb. 7, 2009

Learn it.

TheFlint said on Feb. 7, 2009

Hey…stop pressuring Mato for more work! He already made the fan traslation for free! You guys are never
satisfied…

By the other hand, programming a 3d game is not that easy. (I know ‘cuz I have tried). You need experience…

Briianz said on Feb. 7, 2009

Teh 3rd one r Awesomeness.

ZombiePaul said on Feb. 7, 2009

I’ve always thought that if a Mother game were to be done properly in 3-D it would need to keep it pretty simple to maintain it’s character. I don’t mean it should look it an early attempt at 3-D (ie, Virtua Fighter 1) but it should just keep a very simple design philosophy. Keep the vibrent colours and more simplified geometric shapes for the landscapes and architechure. Cell-shading may even be an option.

Nowadays it seems that designers are afraid of actual colour and lots of games tend not to “pop” like they used to, if that makes sence. 🙂

Anyways, that’s my rant/opinion. A 3-D remake to EarthBound would be increadible to experience: I’d pay for it if an offical one was done (that’ll happen).

ZombiePaul said on Feb. 7, 2009

Apologies for the two posts in a row: I completly forgot to mention that those tunes were very well done 🙂

I’d love to hear the whole soundtrack like that.

Mato said on Feb. 7, 2009

Yeah, cel-shaded would be nice. I also think 3D but with the same top-down view would be good, kind of like the Animal Crossing games. I think it’d be cool to walk around Winters like that, and have it actually snowing and then hear it playing something like the Snow Wood song from this EarthSound project 😀

ZombiePaul said on Feb. 7, 2009

That’s pretty much how I pictured it as well, with the ability to maybe zoom in and out. Maybe the occasional Zoom it on NPCs (Like when Everdred comes at you to scrap you after he jumps from the roof).

Millhouse said on Feb. 8, 2009

I didn’t think this would get featured on here, but this is just perfect timing. The project that this was made for actually IS EarthBound 3D.

The project was dying, but we’re trying to revive it, it looks good, and it looks like it’d be the most awesome game remake ever done. I hereby invite every person to take a look, and if you have some quality skills that we could use (no voice acting applications, please), then you could maybe apply. (only High quality application,s please)

sparkster232 said on Feb. 22, 2009

Man, I can’t get the Onett theme outta my head…
these are so cool!!

Leirin said on Feb. 23, 2009

I can picture it Wind Waker-styled, I think it would work out well like that. 😛 Asame contributed to that, though.

Grant said on Mar. 26, 2009

Wind waker styled.. kinda like those mocked up pictures of Mother 3 in 3D?

Roido said on Apr. 6, 2009

you can make a 3D Earthbound styled game with Game maker Pro jsut we need 3D Graphic but you can do one.

DanteAMD said on Apr. 9, 2009

I’ll get to work! (I have GM 7 Pro)

Metakirby14 said on Jun. 16, 2009

This is great! If only we could make a EarthBound remake for Wii….

oinkyescommander said on Jun. 29, 2009

I imagined the very beginning of Onetts music would be clanging metal, boings, and wrenches

oinkyescommander said on Jun. 29, 2009

3D game background ideas
1 background per song
like; otherworldly foe, space
unsettling opponent, creeeeeepy
weak opponent, current location
and so on

Gurp said on Aug. 6, 2009

Definitely love how those sound.