Random Post:

Meeellla Ness Figure!

February 26th, 2009 | EarthBound, Videos

No, this isn’t an official series. While one would be cool, for now we fans have to do things ourselves. That’s just what ardwickofonett does every once in a while.

I guess this particular video was made for a Starmen.Net contest. I don’t remember which one, but in any case, I really like it a lot :D

I’m not sure what it is, but I think I especially like this video because it has stuff at lots of different angles that you don’t normally see in the game, so it messes with my mind and seems a lot fresher that way.

19 Comments to EarthBound: Animated Series Pilot

Nivek said on Feb. 26, 2009

Yes i like it, is a very good made animated video(if it have manga-style will be more amazing) and like you say Mato, you can see diferent angle(with little spoiler,xd) of the history very good made.

And the use of sound effect for the game add more realistic feeling for seeing the video( and the metal gear busted was pretty funny,xd, some good for EarthBound) but lack voice(because the creator doesn’t have time to do a voice caption) maybe in an another time

thanks for the Vid Mato, i like visit EBC and check curious think like this(and the preview of mother 2)

well i like to se more(i found another)

Jesse said on Feb. 26, 2009

That was pretty good. I’m glad they didn’t add any kind of voice overs because that might have taken something away from the video. It’d be cool if ardwickofonett made some more episodes.

AbstractedThought said on Feb. 26, 2009

I like it better without voices, since it lets you use your imagination a little.

Jeff sleeps with his glasses on. :)

blrasmu said on Feb. 26, 2009

Man, I hope Ardwick would continue this. I remember a couple a months ago he chose some voice actors, but there hasn’t been anything since.

Chasmang said on Feb. 26, 2009

That was great. It really gave off that EarthBound feel that you get when someone really channels the game’s spirit into their work.

Maybe it was the use of the in-game sound effects and music.

I also liked the lack of voices. Reminds me of those British Christmas cartoons based on those Snowman and Santa Claus comics.

Mato said on Feb. 26, 2009

It’s cool that so many people like the lack of voices. I thought for sure people would say how it sucked because of no voices. That’ll learn me!

Stuffgamer1 said on Feb. 26, 2009

I think it sucks for people who’ve never played Earthbound, as it might be kinda hard to follow the story. But how many of them are likely to watch this video anyway?

Great video, as it stands. Hope he makes more, finishes a whole series, and puts it on DVD so we can watch it in higher-than-Youtube quality!

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Feb. 26, 2009

That lack of voices gives it a really Earthbound-y feel. What that means, I have no idea, but this is really cool either way. :D

Josh said on Feb. 26, 2009

This is really good
Is the beginning music from LOST? It sounds like it

Hejiru said on Feb. 26, 2009

Very nicely done. Was the lamp crashing over when Ness woke up a reference to Mother 1?
Unlike the rest of you though, I feel it would’ve been better with dialouge… it seemed kind of awkward without it.

ZombiePaul said on Feb. 27, 2009

The lack of voices was great. I think they did a great job of conveying emotion through the movement of the characters. There were some really great angles in there as well. I sure hope we see more of these. :)

Teal said on Feb. 27, 2009

That was flippin sweet, I hope this series actually continues. The lack of voices remind me of the cutscenes in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. You can kind of “hear” what they are saying when they mutely talk.

Aidan said on Mar. 10, 2009

I’am not sure about what everyone thinks but I prefer to hear them talk!

Louie said on Mar. 24, 2009

Yo! I expect EarthBound to be awesome because Ness is so awesome! He is my favorite player on Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ness is so much better than any other player in video game universe! He has the best moves too. He best ones are PK Pulse, PK Fire, PK Thunder, and PSI Magnet. Ness is awesome! NESS!

DanteAMD said on Apr. 5, 2009

PK… Pulse? It’s PK Flash, I think…

Mother rpg said on Jul. 14, 2009

I think in japan its PK pulse

Mother rpg said on Jul. 14, 2009

I think that in japan its PK pulse

Mother rpg said on Jul. 14, 2009

srry acidently posted the same thing twice lol

peson said on Dec. 18, 2012

I personly liked it better with voises it