Shigesato Itoi’s Gold Mine Adventure
Now for a kind of reverse of the previous post about EarthBound music using stuff from other music!
Japanese baseball is hard to explain quickly, but it’s a bit different from American baseball. Even the cheers in the stands are heavily organized, and individual players are given their own cheer songs that people sing when they’re at bat.
Shigeyuki Furuki, when he played for the Nippon Ham Fighters (oh man, did I just type that sentence), had his cheer song taken from MOTHER 2 / EarthBound. I managed to find an audio clip of it, so I put it to some pics of him and subbed his cheer into English.
I also found this MIDI of his song a few years back. I had always wanted to tell people about this. This is exactly the kind of stuff I made EarthBound Central for
Other Related Posts:
31 Comments to EarthBound and Japanese Baseball
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND (Super Nintendo SNES 1995) Compete w/ Box, Guide & Scratch n' Sniff
- Alex: Well, all the veterans from the first game usually return to every smash game. I think it’s a safe assumption that Ness will be...
- Bionic: Arrrgh Reggie! *Shakes fist* Isn’t his backwards thinking the whole reason he got demoted and now Iwata has his old position? I mean...
- Carl: Of course Nintendo doesn’t respond *directly* to petitions, releasing a game explicitly because of a petition with a certain number of...
- DJMankiewicz: Hmm, well I for one bought every one of those Rainfall games. I know Nintendo says they don’t “respond” to...
- adelinax: thank you for the reply mato