EarthBound on Frasier!
Now for a kind of reverse of the previous post about EarthBound music using stuff from other music!
Japanese baseball is hard to explain quickly, but it’s a bit different from American baseball. Even the cheers in the stands are heavily organized, and individual players are given their own cheer songs that people sing when they’re at bat.
Shigeyuki Furuki, when he played for the Nippon Ham Fighters (oh man, did I just type that sentence), had his cheer song taken from MOTHER 2 / EarthBound. I managed to find an audio clip of it, so I put it to some pics of him and subbed his cheer into English.
I also found this MIDI of his song a few years back. I had always wanted to tell people about this. This is exactly the kind of stuff I made EarthBound Central for 😀
Other Related Posts:
31 Comments to EarthBound and Japanese Baseball
- Sat: Thanks! I love the anecdote with the university professor.
- Mr. Tenda: This was a great interview, thanks for sharing it. Man, I wish there were more photos of the Mother 2 event, it looks interesting
- Neko Knight: Another great interview from a great man! One thing I would like to say though, has anyone asked him recently about the MOTHER 3 N64...
- Jeff Shot First: Great read, photos are great! There’s even a picture of a black phone in there! I have always been trying to speculate the...
- .: “I’m the 3rd strongest!” – Guardian diggers When playing earthbound on my Wii U, They all said that. Thanks creator of...