Smash Bros. on Virtual Console
Now for a kind of reverse of the previous post about EarthBound music using stuff from other music!
Japanese baseball is hard to explain quickly, but it’s a bit different from American baseball. Even the cheers in the stands are heavily organized, and individual players are given their own cheer songs that people sing when they’re at bat.
Shigeyuki Furuki, when he played for the Nippon Ham Fighters (oh man, did I just type that sentence), had his cheer song taken from MOTHER 2 / EarthBound. I managed to find an audio clip of it, so I put it to some pics of him and subbed his cheer into English.
I also found this MIDI of his song a few years back. I had always wanted to tell people about this. This is exactly the kind of stuff I made EarthBound Central for 😀
Other Related Posts:
31 Comments to EarthBound and Japanese Baseball
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues