Shat-Canned Legends: MOTHER 3
Popular Posts:None found
As far as I know, there are only two videos out there of EarthBound 64 in action. Every once in a while I look at them again and each time I have a different feeling. Like “man this would’ve sucked as a 3D game” or “it could’ve been the best RPG on the N64” or “thank god it was released for the GBA instead” or “Man, I wonder what the story would’ve been like in this version.”
The first video was shown at Spaceworld ’99, almost 10 years ago now. Man, were we ever excited. Before then, all we had to go on were crappy screenshots and horrible April Fools rumors about “Smell Paks” that the game would use.
This second video isn’t quite as well-known, but it’s also only like 1 second long normally. I had to slow it down so that it would even make sense. I believe it comes from a Spaceworld ’97 video previewing a whole bunch of N64 games that were in development, like Yoshi’s Story, Zelda 64, F-Zero X, etc.
What do you think? Is it good that the game was cancelled and remade for the GBA? Or would it have been better if it had been released on the N64? I think that it probably would’ve gotten an English release had it been finished on the N64, and the series probably would’ve had more life outside of Japan after that, maybe even resulting in a localized MOTHER 1+2. That’s just fantasy though, but I could see it happening if we built a time machine 😉
Other Related Posts:
72 Comments to EarthBound 64 Videos
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.