Shigesato Itoi Turns 61
Continuing with the latest post I made about Banpresto’s giant Mr. Saturn plushes, I realized that even with all this middleman stuff, they’d never really know what the demand outside of Japan is. So, if you’d like to let Banpresto know that there’s demand for Mr. Saturn plushies outside of Japan (and other MOTHER merchandise in general), here’s how you can do it.
There’s no e-mail contact information on their site, but there is an office address for customer support here. So, if you’d like to send a small letter to their office, here’s the address to send to:
4-12-2, Shinagawa Seaside West Tower 2F
Higashi-shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo-to
If you’re going to write a letter in English, keep it very short. Maybe 4 sentences at most, and try to keep each sentence at 6 words or less. And use very simple English, and use verbs and nouns only. And don’t use cursive writing. If you’re going to write in Japanese, do NOT use an automatic translator. Only write in Japanese if you actually know Japanese. Trust me about all of this, you’ll only confuse the recipients otherwise 😉
Also keep in mind that if you write “Mr. Saturn”, they’re not going to know what the heck you mean, they’re called “Doseisan” in Japan, so use that term instead. Letters should be something very simple like this:
It will also help add to the effect if you draw a Mr. Saturn or two. And only send one letter, otherwise you’re just harrassing them and being an ass.
I don’t know how much postage is to Japan, so you might need to check at your post office to see how much postage will be.
Other Related Posts:
46 Comments to Asking for Mr. Saturn Plushies
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.