Weekly Round-Up for Apr. 18, 2010
Here’s a strange glitch thing in EarthBound that very few seem to know about.
If you go to this one section below the bottom right pillar in the Threed circus tent and press L, sometimes the text box will seem to delay a tiny bit. If you keep doing this over and over, you can get it to do weird stuff. Usually it just prints garbage letters and sometimes prints garbage letters in strange new windows that open. But once I got the sprites on the screen to screw up, then the screen went mostly black and started playing random sound effects slowly and at strange playback frequencies.
The bug has never messed with my save data, but maybe you should back up your saves if you want to give it a try. I wonder if there’s any way to exploit this bug. And I wonder if it can be done in other places in the game…
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to Threed Circus Tent Glitch
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...