EarthBound Zero Map Editor
Many probably know by now that Giygas in EarthBound was partly inspired by a really old murder mystery movie. I even tracked down a copy and wrote a huge thing about it here.
This afternoon, I finally got around to making a short video of stuff from the movie, mostly THE scene and some stuff that happens after. It’s like a super quick version of the movie: Title screen, movie climax, end screen. All in five minutes. I even subtitled stuff into English so people would understand things a tiny bit better. You can see the video here:
I wish I could translate the whole movie, I liked it quite a bit actually. But alas, I don’t have much time and since I do this kind of stuff as my day job, I’m not that eager to go and do the same thing in my spare time
Anyway, I’ve noticed that the movie’s getting rarer and going up in price, so if you’re a collector of EarthBound and EarthBound-related stuff, you might still be able to find a copy at Play-Asia or Amazon Japan.
Oh, I should note, since I cut out so much of the movie, that just before the grassy scene, the guy had agreed to marry the woman. What’s funny is that 1. there was no rape and 2. there wasn’t even any sex, and 3. there wasn’t even really any love-making. Itoi’s memory of the movie must’ve really changed in those 50+ years.
Other Related Posts:
62 Comments to The Scene that Inspired Giygas
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound - Tested - Works and Saves Perfectly - Game + Cover
- Adey: I hope Ness and Lucas will be there at the very least, I am getting a little worried though. I haven’t seen either one of them in any...
- Animegame97: Whenever I see something about Mother from Itoi I always think of 2 because it doesn’t seem like he talks about the others much...
- EBisumaru: I am Ear Bound
- FireflyMelody: Yeah, I thought of M2 first, too. ^.^ As for M3 enemies, I personally like Cleocatra. Then again, I’ve always been a...
- Chivi-chivik: Actually that’s a GREAT idea if you’re thinking of making a story/game with battles and/or enemies. Making villains that...