Say Fuzzy Pickles, Yang!
Many probably know by now that Giygas in EarthBound was partly inspired by a really old murder mystery movie. I even tracked down a copy and wrote a huge thing about it here.
This afternoon, I finally got around to making a short video of stuff from the movie, mostly THE scene and some stuff that happens after. It’s like a super quick version of the movie: Title screen, movie climax, end screen. All in five minutes. I even subtitled stuff into English so people would understand things a tiny bit better. You can see the video here:
I wish I could translate the whole movie, I liked it quite a bit actually. But alas, I don’t have much time and since I do this kind of stuff as my day job, I’m not that eager to go and do the same thing in my spare time 😉
Anyway, I’ve noticed that the movie’s getting rarer and going up in price, so if you’re a collector of EarthBound and EarthBound-related stuff, you might still be able to find a copy at Play-Asia or Amazon Japan.
Oh, I should note, since I cut out so much of the movie, that just before the grassy scene, the guy had agreed to marry the woman. What’s funny is that 1. there was no rape and 2. there wasn’t even any sex, and 3. there wasn’t even really any love-making. Itoi’s memory of the movie must’ve really changed in those 50+ years.
Other Related Posts:
62 Comments to The Scene that Inspired Giygas
- Ar: Why does the Saturn sticker has two white dots? It’s supposed to be part of the sprite?
- Expert: Doujinshi is fan made work based on an existing thing. This could be a novel (or fanfic) or manga. To be a doujinshi it must be based on an...
- Chairman of the Bored: What’s a doujinshi? What’s the difference between a shota and loli doujinshi for that matter?
- Jason: Incredible collection!!! I agree that you could get more by separating it a bit, simply because the max you can get for this (regardless of...
- http://www./: R.I.P. John, you were undoubtedly the best television writer to have graced us with his work. From Citizen Smith to Only fools, only...