January 30th, 2009 | EarthBound, Manga

I did some checking and it seems a lot of people are finding this place after during searches for MOTHER/EarthBound manga. While there isn’t a whole lot here, I do have plans to put more translated manga up little by little. The problem is they take so much time to edit that it’s not something I can do on a regular basis. I’m not sure what I plan to do about that, but I have a few early ideas.

For now, here’s a quick translation I did of a manga page just now.

(click to see full image)

I think I’ll finish out the MOTHER 1 novel, M2EB, and maybe the MOTHER 1+2 translation before I get really serious about translating the manga though. I also want to start working on interview translations, but I should probably get those things off my plate first.

I’m curious to know what visitors would like to see most, though:

POLL: What do want to see more updates of the most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

17 Comments to Some More EarthBound Manga!

UberNess said on Jan. 30, 2009

I’m totally gonna put bug bread as my favorite food next time I play.

Covarr said on Jan. 30, 2009

I want me some portable English Mother 1+2!

I also want VWF in M1, but that seems unlikely and difficult to implement, so I won’t throw a tantrum if somebody who’s working for free out of the kindness of his own heart doesn’t do it.

confused said on Jan. 30, 2009

I tried reading it left to right…
didn’t work out to well

Dan said on Jan. 30, 2009

So, you’re really head-on with the MOTHER1+2 translation? Playing Mother 3 on a flash drive in a Gameboy SP was marvelous, but a handheld Earthbound would just be unbelievable.

Mato said on Jan. 30, 2009

Well, like I mention in the M1+2 post I linked to, I only intend to translate the first game. I don’t have the time or energy to hack the second one.

Slagy said on Jan. 30, 2009

What I’d actually want to see more of is that teaching-Japanese-through-EarthBound-images thing you posted last year, maybe? If it’s to much of a chore don’t bother with it, I’ve just always wanted to learn Japanese.

Dan said on Jan. 30, 2009

I had noticed you left it up to Jeffman, was just curious if that’s even on the road at all any more. Mother 1 being translated again is wonderful news in itself ^^

Phil L said on Jan. 30, 2009

Hmmm… perhaps the patch that’s created for the Mother 1 translation could be compatible with whatever patch Jeffman produces for Mother 2?

Like I even have to ask… I’m sure it will be because you guys rock!

ColdasIce said on Jan. 30, 2009

I wanna see more about Earthbound and Mother 2 comparison. i really like it.

Hypotenuse Man said on Jan. 31, 2009

Holy crap, that mushroom comic is freaky.

Darien said on Jan. 31, 2009

Yeah, the M2EB stuff was what got me into visiting starmen.net in the first place, back in the mists of antiquity; I’d love to see more of that. Also the translation notes / leftovers from the Mother 3 project, once you’re done taking a hiatus from thinking about that at all. 😉

Mato said on Jan. 31, 2009

Oh, good call, I knew I was forgetting something. I added it to the poll.

Difegue said on Jan. 31, 2009

The mushroom thing rocks

Also, I know this game must be boring you Mato, but I really love reading the translation notes.
Unused stuff totally rocks.

Triclops said on Jan. 31, 2009

So Shrooom! was Ness in disguise all along…

I like how they refrenced how you can chose your favourte food.

Chico said on Feb. 1, 2009

It might be worth mentioning that people should read those translated manga comics from right to left instead of left to right. just a suggestion, cause when i was reading them at first i was going left to right, not realizing they were originally written in japanese where they write (and apparently draw comics) right to left.

Kyoo said on Mar. 9, 2010

this poll was very hard for me to vote on. I mean… so many wonderful things to be tranlated. but… the manga always seems to be cracking me up. and I love to laugh. but yeah it was the hardest poll I’ve ever voted on. I spent about 1 minute debating with myself.

gamrman130 said on Aug. 3, 2011

dunno i just really enjoy the mother 2 vs. earthbound comparison stuff, it passes the time

Find Merchandise!