An EarthBound Fan Reaches Out
Not many people know this, but there was actually a card game based on the slot machine brothers in the Dusty Dunes Desert! Not only is it an official product, but it was made by APE itself. Besides this game, I know Itoi has also been involved with creating a ramen card game (however that works 😛 ), so it sounds like he likes this kind of thing.
Anyway, I mention this right now because there’s an unopened copy up on Yahoo Auctions Japan right now, and it ends in 19 hours. Sadly, it’s pretty hard to use YAJ unless you know Japanese AND live in Japan, or if you’re willing to pay quite a bit extra by using a go-between service like Celga. It actually seems to be at a pretty cheap price right now, too. I’d have picked it up myself, but I can’t really afford to buy unneeded stuff right now.
Apparently, it’s actually a pretty exciting card + dice game, and fast-paced. The games don’t take long as far as these kinds of games go, and they’re played at card game tournaments/conventions in Japan apparently. Not many people know about it, but it’s appparently a really well-made game. I think there are some more details/pics here and here.
That second site includes some very basic rules, but it’d be nice to see the cards and pieces and all that stuff first before I do a real write-up. So if anyone gets this, or if anyone ever gets ahold of one later on, please let me know more about it! I really wantto know more about this thing, and maybe even make an online version. And maybe make drinking game rules 😛
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to Slot Brothers Card Game!
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues