EarthBound Completed in 9 Minutes
To people who’ve played EarthBound Zero a lot, this might be old news, but a lot of people give up long before the desert part of the game, so they don’t have the chance to come across this weird extra thing Itoi put hid in the game.
Basically, if you’re crazy enough to walk on this one single tiny spot in this huge desert (which is just a portion of the HUGE world map), you’ll get a secret message from Itoi himself. Finding it doesn’t give you anything or change anything, but I bet people who found it by themselves were really excited when they accidentally came across it 😀
If you don’t feel like trying to find the spot yourself, just consult this map. It used to be that nobody ever had a detailed map to point out its location, but now here’s one thanks to Artemis and Goplat! So if you ever see someone ask about the land mine, just point ’em here!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Secret Land Mine
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!