Convincing People to Try EarthBound
In the last EarthBound Funktastic Gameplay at Starmen.Net, the term “Shark baiting” came about because of an early challenge. Basically, you try to lure an enemy as far away as you can without fighting it.
Here’s an example of luring a Shark from the Onett arcade up to the meteor on the hill.
You need a lot of patience and skill to do stuff like this. But it has me thinking – what are some other possible good baiting challenges in the game? It’d be sweet to have a list of fun baiting challenges for future stuff.
And now that you’ve seen this video, you must lure a Shark to the Onett meteor or you will die in seven days.
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to Shark Baiting in EarthBound
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...