M2 vs. EB: Threed + Winters!
A year after MOTHER 3′s release in Japan, Itoi had this to say in an issue of Nintendo Dream (vol. 159 to be exact) :
A game isn’t something that can be made by one person alone. Well, it’s possible that a really hard-working game creator could finish a game all alone, but even then he would still need a player.
Games grow and mature when they’re created, played, and conveyed over and over. In that sense, I feel the MOTHER games have been truly blessed and joyful.
You’ve all mixed a lot of your own personal time in with MOTHER 3 as well. I’m sure people will continue to play it even after this, but for now, I am thankful for the year or so of companionship that you have given it.
The truth is, in the end, the player is the one who completes a game’s creation. I’m very happy that this feeling of mine has gotten through somewhat. To everyone who is reading this, and to everyone in the (Nintendo Dream) editing department who put up with me, I thank you very much. Thank you!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to One Year After MOTHER 3
Leave a reply
- Mr. Tenda: 200 yen, huh? That means they’ll be like $40 on eBay, I guess. Man, it sure would be nice to live in Japan…
- BobLikesToFart: I am making a mother 4 fangame and graphics are alkie
- Nintendork: I can already see people getting ahead of themselves, thinking that this is a ‘sign from Nintendo’. Still, very cool, even...
- pk_stan: In my digging for info on these, I found a site selling bags of 50 assorted figures for around 8,000 yen. I believe the site was for...
- MagikoopaMaster: 2013 really was a good year for the series wasn’t it?