Weeky Round-Up #7
A year after MOTHER 3′s release in Japan, Itoi had this to say in an issue of Nintendo Dream (vol. 159 to be exact) :
A game isn’t something that can be made by one person alone. Well, it’s possible that a really hard-working game creator could finish a game all alone, but even then he would still need a player.
Games grow and mature when they’re created, played, and conveyed over and over. In that sense, I feel the MOTHER games have been truly blessed and joyful.
You’ve all mixed a lot of your own personal time in with MOTHER 3 as well. I’m sure people will continue to play it even after this, but for now, I am thankful for the year or so of companionship that you have given it.
The truth is, in the end, the player is the one who completes a game’s creation. I’m very happy that this feeling of mine has gotten through somewhat. To everyone who is reading this, and to everyone in the (Nintendo Dream) editing department who put up with me, I thank you very much. Thank you!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to One Year After MOTHER 3
Featured Item on eBay:
Mother 1+2 Earthbound Coca Cola "Bubble Monkey" Keychain Figure - EXTREMELY RARE
- Mato: I would assume you could just patch the ROM on a computer and then put the patched ROM on your Android.
- Mr.Foppy42: Er, sorry if I’m COMPLETELY off-topic and if I sound like an idiot but… Is it possible to have the Mother 3 translation...
- Anonymous: “Effetist Hipister smashes Nuganess…” I don’t think you know what a hipster is, and I don’t know what an...
- Anonymous: “Calling my statement/opinion a conspiracy theory is borderline passive aggressive.” It’s true though…...
- Raiden: Well if this is a pointless argument then why don’t you leave FireFlyMelody?