Japanese Band Plays Twoson
A year after MOTHER 3’s release in Japan, Itoi had this to say in an issue of Nintendo Dream (vol. 159 to be exact) :
A game isn’t something that can be made by one person alone. Well, it’s possible that a really hard-working game creator could finish a game all alone, but even then he would still need a player.
Games grow and mature when they’re created, played, and conveyed over and over. In that sense, I feel the MOTHER games have been truly blessed and joyful.
You’ve all mixed a lot of your own personal time in with MOTHER 3 as well. I’m sure people will continue to play it even after this, but for now, I am thankful for the year or so of companionship that you have given it.
The truth is, in the end, the player is the one who completes a game’s creation. I’m very happy that this feeling of mine has gotten through somewhat. To everyone who is reading this, and to everyone in the (Nintendo Dream) editing department who put up with me, I thank you very much. Thank you!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to One Year After MOTHER 3
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Urawaza Daizenshu Ketteiban Strategy Game Guide Book w/Map Japan FM1472*
- Dr.x: Even if they are not sold out yet. It will still be hard to get one.
- Dr.x: Speaking of which it seems I am not the only one who can’t go but I am a teenager but is there an age limit to this? Other than my age...
- .: are they sold out already?
- Banana Burger Bum: Tucson, Arizona. Which sounds like Twoson. I wonder if that was intentional.
- HpBoost: Definitely picking one of these up – perhaps he will be like some of the ones I’ve seen so far and have his eyes offset.