Mini-Update Megathon #3
A lot of people don’t know about this, and every once in a while I’ll see someone say, “Dude! I got this weird message when I went to load a game!” And then other people will be like, “Yeah, right.” But it’s true: sometimes your save files can get corrupted in MOTHER 2 and EarthBound. And if the game detects this, you’ll get an unexpected message at the file load screen:
The Japanese line is pretty cool, but the English version has the “What the…?!” part taken out and it’s not even formatted right. I guess the testers and/or translators never really bothered to look into this line of text, since it is pretty rare.
The same thing also happens in MOTHER 3:
For the translation, I didn’t neglect this line of text, because we got it to happen every once in a while while doing all that evil hacking 😛 I don’t know if MOTHER 1/EB0 has anything similar, though.
Anyway, the moral of the story is: watch out for the evil gremlins (or evil mushrooms) that will try to delete your hard work!
Other Related Posts:
54 Comments to Ness Used the Save Eraser!
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...