Swag Watch (Jan. 25, 2011)
A lot of people don’t know about this, and every once in a while I’ll see someone say, “Dude! I got this weird message when I went to load a game!” And then other people will be like, “Yeah, right.” But it’s true: sometimes your save files can get corrupted in MOTHER 2 and EarthBound. And if the game detects this, you’ll get an unexpected message at the file load screen:
The Japanese line is pretty cool, but the English version has the “What the…?!” part taken out and it’s not even formatted right. I guess the testers and/or translators never really bothered to look into this line of text, since it is pretty rare.
The same thing also happens in MOTHER 3:
For the translation, I didn’t neglect this line of text, because we got it to happen every once in a while while doing all that evil hacking 😛 I don’t know if MOTHER 1/EB0 has anything similar, though.
Anyway, the moral of the story is: watch out for the evil gremlins (or evil mushrooms) that will try to delete your hard work!
Other Related Posts:
54 Comments to Ness Used the Save Eraser!
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.